➪ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

Third person pov

It was all dark when a soft voice spoke.

"Abre los ojos. Open your eyes." It's then light up, a young girl with white dress and long light brown hair appear from the darkness.

The girl is Anita Diaz at age 5, she open her eyes to see the bright candle. She gasp in awe at it with a huge smile.

"This is where our magic comes from?" Young Anita asked, looking at Alma Madrigal that she learn to call Abuela Alma or just Abuela.

Abuela smile at young Anita, "mm-hmm. This candle holds the miracle to both of our family." She explain.

"Even the Diaz?" Young Anita asked again.

Abuela chuckle, "yes, even the Diaz."

"How did we get a miracle from a lit candle?" She asked once again.

Abuela smile and pull her close, "long ago, when my three babies and your Abuela Rina daughter had just been born, your Abuelo Tony, Abuela Rina, my Pedro and I were forced to flee out home." Abuela told the story about it to young Anita.

"And though many joined us, hoping to find a new home, we could not escape the dangers," she say, remember the two man, both Pedro and Tony sacrifice, "and your Abuelo and my Pedro was lost."

"But in our darkest moment, we where given a miracle." Both Rina and Alma look depress and drop to the grown in their knees. The candle burn brighter and transform, "the candle became a magical flame that could never go out. And it blessed us with a refuge in which to live. " The candle blow our and a mountain built around the place.

"A place of wonder."

"An Encanto." Young Anita say with amazed.

Abuela chuckle again and she could feel her nodding, "an Encanto." The candle then bring brighter again, beautiful floor pattern build up.

"The miracle grew." Alma and Rina walk out to see the new four story house for build, "and our house, our Casita itself come alive to shelter us." The door creak then the window on second floor open and close as if it say hello or a wave. Alma and Rina look at each other before they waving back again at the house.

"When our children come of age, The miracle blessed each with a magic Gift to help us." All four kids now a toddler, same age as young Anita, standing infront of Alma.

"And when their children come of age..."

It's then show six more glowing door under the first born, Pepa Madrigals kids, second born, Julieta Madrigals kids and the Diaz only child, Sandra le Diazs kids.

"They got magic, too." Young Anita point out with excitement as Abuela chuckle once again.

"That's right! And together, our family's Gifts have made our new home... A paradise." It's then how the night time at Casa Madrigal and Diaz.

"Tonight, this candle will give you your Gift, mi vida. Strengthen our community, strengthen our home." Abuela exclaim with young Anita look at the candle full of joy and excitement.

Abuela tuck a hair behind her ear, "make your family proud." She remind.

"Make my family proud..." She mumble back.

The door then open up, a women with long blonde hair and green nature dress wall in, "Tia Alma, mi hija, it's time." She say softly.

"Yes, yes, Sandra, we're going!" Abuela say standing up in hurry as fireworks echoing from the outside.

Young Anita jump down with her sandal jumping toward her and she swiftly put it in and hold to her mother and Abuela's hand.

"What do you think my Gift will be?" Young Anita asked, looking at both her guardian.

"You are one of a kind, Anita de Diaz." Sandra say kneel down a little with Abuela agreeing.

"Whatever Gift awaits, will be just as special as you." Abuela spoke softly.

•••

Young Anita stand behind the curtain with a small smile, then it vanish and run to behind the wall.

"I-I can't do this..." She keep mumbling that again and again.

"Mi vida?" A man voice call her, young Anita look up seeing her father, "baby, what's wrong?" Her father, Juan sit down beside her.

"I'm scared...." She admin, "what I'd I have to gift? W-what if I make my family disappointed?" Young Anita reason with covering her face with her knee.

"Mi hija, with or no Gift, you just as special as the other family member. Even the Madrigals." Juan assure rubbing his daughter shoulder.

"Well, he's not wrong." A boy voice then calmly say.

Juan look at where the voice come from, "Camilo, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Abuela say it's time, the speech almost done anyways." Young Camilo exclaim and Juan hurry stand up.

"Mi hija, believe in yourself." He remind before walk to the door on the third floor with his wife.

Young Camilo then look at young Anita, "hey, it's all going to alright. It's not the end of the world or you don't have Gift." He remind, now sitting beside her.

"What if I have no Gift, Camilo? I'm going to disappoint my family..." Young Anita say then young Camilo stand up again.

He then hold out his hand, "then let's go together? Ease your nerves out like you did for mine." He say, small tint of blush on his cheek.

Young Anita inhale and exhale before stand up, "alright... I'm ready!" She said, holding to his hand.

Young Camilo smile and they both stand behind the curtain together. When the curtain open up, young Anita squeeze his hand.

"Everything will be find, trust me." He whisper softly and they both started to walk.

Just after they arrive on the last step young Camilo take his hand away from her and stand beside her parent.

"Go on..." He motion with his hand.

Young Anita look at Abuela before to the candle, "are you swear to use your gift in right way and purpose and not for your own good?" Abuela asked.

Young Anita nodded with determine. She touch the candle softly before walk to the door and hold the doorknobs. It's was deem seems to be put out before shine brighter.

Abuela smile at it and look at the crowd, "we have a new Gift!" She announced and they all celebrate.

"Mi dulce nino!" Sandra say kissing ever inches of young Anita's face with vines and orchid flower grow.

"Amor, calm down. You're going to mess up her dress." Juan say pulling off the vines before it climb up young Anita's dress.

Young Anita look at young Camilo who gave her a thumbs up.

"Thank you.." she mumble softly.

Young Camilo smile with small blush, "no problem." He mumble back.

First chapter! Done, I didn't do this part on the first book so enjoy this. It's little bit like Antonio's ceremony combine to Mirabel's.

Anyway, the age is the same like the first book. Hope you enjoy! Bye bye!

Words: 1122