✗ Chapter 45: My Present ✗

Start from the beginning

Michael casually ignored your comment - not caring about socialism in the slightest. After all, why should he...? "ᗯᕼY Oᑌᒪᗪᑎ'T I ᑕᗩᖇE TI ᗰᑌᑕᕼ? I TOᒪᗪ YO EOE. YO EE Y EEYTIG TE. ᗩᑎᗪ YO'E Y EEYTIG O. I. OE. YO. <3" [A/N: "WHY WOULDN'T I CARE THIS MUCH? I TOLD YOU BEFORE. YOU WERE MY EVERYTHING THEN. AND YOU'RE MY EVERYTHING NOW. I. LOVE. YOU. <3"]

"But y-you...you needn't go that far..." You faintly mumbled, your cheeks becoming a heavy burgundy colour after you lost control of your heartbeat and glanced down at the notepad's new message. "Besides, things could've turned out much, much differently - if...if you'd just gone Trick-or-Treating with me that night, instead."

"I I ᗯᕼᗩT I ᕼᗩᗪ TO, TO GᑌᗩᖇᗩᑎTEE YOᑌᖇ ᔕᗩᖴETY. YO Eᗩᑎ EEYTIG TO E." [A/N: "I DID WHAT I HAD TO, TO GUARANTEE YOUR SAFETY. YOU MEAN EVERYTHING TO ME."] Michael wrote a few minutes later, that possessive glare never leaving his gaze while you recalled exactly what he meant.

"—And when I think about how Wesley grabbed your hair the other day...I'm just happy that he's dead."
"Wh-What did you do to Wesley—?"
"I made sure he'd never bully you again."
"Michael...W-Whatever you did..." "—you have to tell someone. W-What you're saying you've done...It's...It's wrong. I-It's...It's not right."

"Nobody seemed to care that he picked on people. Nobody seemed to care that he hurt you. And now...nobody will care about him."
"But there's no way you can hide this. It's...It's first-degree murder."

"My...safety...?" You repeated in a confused manner - not getting what Michael meant. "I don't understand...All he did was act like the typical school bully. Nothing more, nothing less. That's all."

Michael obsessively shook his head; his frustrated frame-of-mind making you feel guilty that you'd even repeated said words. But when he sternly scribbled his response, that's what made you feel even more intimidated. "EᔕᒪEY TIE TO IK IGT IT YO I TE ᕼᗩᒪᒪᗯᗩY. OOY IK IGT IT YO. OOY. E GᖇᗩᗷᗷE YO Y TE ᕼᗩI. E TIE TO ᗷᑌᒪᒪY YO I TE ᑭᒪᗩYGOᑌᑎᗪ ᗯᕼE I ᗯᗩᔕ GOE. E EEᖇᐯE TO IE."