✗ Chapter 45: My Present ✗

A mischievous gaze gleamed straight across the mute male's eyes; Michael gently dipping his head as a nod while he silently repeated your words and behaved somewhat naturally...for once. As seconds started to swiftly pass by; his loving glances and affectionate touches forced your heartbeat to fly not only out-of-control, but also managed to make you feel even more embarrassed. You-He...You just couldn't help it. It was the way he made you feel. The way he acted towards you. He treated you way better than anyone else had ever made you feel. Especially previous classmates.

And his devotion towards you. His devotion towards you was almost like...almost like some sort of rewritten fanfic or something. You snuggled into his chest, absolutely adoring his actions by this point and appreciating how warmly he wrapped his arms around you. But then, all of a sudden, your unstable partner became overly-controlling; his hand curling around one of your wrists whilst his playful expression twisted into one of overwhelming possession. This firmly reminded you of the past; therefore causing you to shake your head with a soft smile and making Michael throw you a curious - but strangely adorable - head-tilt in return.

"You still haven't changed." You sarcastically spoke; rolling your eyes and raising your eyebrows at the very same time. "Seriously. Remember that time as kids...? When you wanted to keep on walking down the hallway together...? Yet all I wanted to do was grab my stuff. Y'know, from my locker...?"

"Haha! I win!" "Better luck next time~"
"You are completely and utterly evil."
"Nah, you're just salty." "Or is it that you knew I was going to win in the first place~?"
"Hey, I...I let you win that."
"I'm sure you did." "~I'm sure you did."

"You are something else."
"I guess I'll see you in class then."
"Where are you going? Don't you want to keep walking together?"
"I um...I was just going to grab my things from my locker." "Y'know, before class starts...? Shouldn't you do the same thing...?"

"Oh...yeah." "I don't care about grabbing new notebooks from my locker though. I don't do enough work to fill them up anyway."
"You don't care about any of our classes...?"
"Nah."
"You don't even like Art class...?"
"Art class is cool, I guess."

"It gives me a chance to ignore the others...completely."
"Oh..."
"Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you show me where your locker is? That way, we can always walk through the hallway together."
"Um, sure. It's right over there - the last one in the row, tucked next to the square pillar."

A soft smirk secretly tugged at the edges of the stalker's mouth; Michael clearly not caring about his previous behaviour whilst he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you closer, the silent male obviously finding your sarcasm to be amusing as he carried on showing his love towards you. Though, with your own compassion, you leant down besides Michael and cuddled back into his arms; finding his affection to be massively cute as you shook your head a second time. Yep, still hadn't changed. But did you really mind? Did you really care? No...No you didn't. At least, not anymore.

"Seriously...I didn't expect you to care this much..." You whispered against his lips softly, lying on your side and rubbing his shoulders. "I-I mean...Why didn't you ever try and...talk to anyone...? Why didn't you ever try and...and...I don't know, get parole or something...?"