When he finally dropped her back down, they still didn't separate. His arm was around her waist and his chin rested on her shoulder as they laughed and talked to their friends and made fun of Luke for his little stunt for attention. It was the happiest Jo had felt in a long time.

Jo strolled back into her room at the Hollywood Ghost Club that night, still humming 'Edge of Great' and spinning around dreamily with Reggie's leather jacket draped over her shoulders

    When she got through the door, though, she realized Willie was sitting on her couch, anxiously tapping his foot. "Hey... What's up? Are you okay?"

    "N-No, Jo. I'm not... I have something to tell you," Willie said, looking up at her meaningfully. Jo took a hesitant seat beside him and he spilled what he'd been keeping from her the past month.

    Jo dragged him back to Julie's house where the boys were playing around with a basketball in front of the garage. "Feels like we should be celebrating or something," Reggie said, a lovesick smile still plastered on his face. "What do you guys wanna do?"

    They were cut off by a jolt sparking through them and Jo ran to Reggie's side quickly, throwing his jacket back on him. "Jo? What are you doing here?" Alex coughed.

    "That wasn't like the other ones. It's getting worse," Luke muttered.

    "Why is this happening to us?" Reggie said, holding onto Jo's supportive arm tightly.

    "It's because you guys are in serious trouble," Willie said, revealing himself from the trees behind them.

    "I wish I'd known sooner," Jo said so quietly that only Reggie could hear.

He ran a hand down her cheek and pulled her a little closer. "Know what?"

"Willie?" Alex murmured. "What are you guys doing here?"

Jo stood up and helped Reggie alongside her. "We need to talk," she said.

    They ended up on Hollywood Blvd, traipsing down the street so they could speak freely. "So all these jolts that we're feeling is because Caleb put his stamp on us?" Luke concluded.

    "He's threatened by you," Willie said. "He wants you under his control. I mean, you're the only ghosts that can be visible to lifers without his help."

    "What about you, Jo?" Reggie asked.

    "He doesn't know about any of this," Jo revealed. "That's why I was so nervous about joining in the first place."

    Reggie's face softened. "I shouldn't have pushed you."

    "I'm glad you did. This has made my afterlife... much more enjoyable." Jo reached down and squeezed his hand. He kept a tight hold on it for the rest of their walk.

    "Wait, you just let him do this to us?" Alex questioned, focusing the question more on Willie.

    "We can't stop him!" Willie exclaimed. "He owns our souls! He owns everybody's souls at that club!"