—$—

"Can I stay in here for a few minutes?" Estrella asked Fezco once he parked his car in front of East Highland High. "2nd period is almost over so there's no point in going in now."

"Yeah that's cool," Fez said, wanting to spend a couple more minutes with her. "What you doing later?"

"I don't know, one of my teachers said she was assigning us our first project today so I'm probably gonna start working on it and get it done asap so I don't gotta worry about it later," Estrella answered.

"First project already?" Fez asked in disbelief. "You ain't even been in school for a week yet."

"I know!" Estrella agreed. "Teachers are wildin."

"Shit, I'm glad ion gotta worry bout that typa shit no more," Fez laughed, shaking his head. "So like, you can't hang out later?"

"I meannnn, I can make time for you."

Fez smiled and shook his head, "Nah it's cool, you do yo project. You heard bout the carnival coming up?"

"Yeah, my dad told me about it," Estrella nodded.

Fezco nodded back and looked away from her, looking around the street he was parked on and working up the courage to ask her if she wanted to go with him.

Yeah he asked her out before, but that was over text, so it was easier even though he typed and deleted the text at least 5 times before actually sending it.

"You gonna go?" Fezco asked.

"I might, are you?"

Fez nodded again, "Yeah, me and Ash are gonna be working the 'pretzel' truck," He told her, making air quotes with his fingers as he said pretzel.

He glanced at Estrella as she laughed, which made him smile.

He liked that he could be open and honest with Estrella about his job, and he liked that she wouldn't ever judge him for it.

It was one of the reasons why he liked her so much–like Rue said, she never judged him for anything he did. Fezco felt like he could be himself with Estrella.

"I didn't know you knew how to make pretzels," Estrella joked, making Fez laugh a little.

"Nahhh it's all Ashtray," Fez went along with the joke. "You wanna go to the carnival with me?"

"Aren't you gonna be working?" Estrella raised an eyebrow and tried not to smile.

"I mean, I can make time for you," Fez quoted her from earlier and smiled as the school bell rang.

Estrella smiled back once she caught on, and laughed again.

"Then yes, I wanna go with you," Estrella told him.

They stared at each other in silence for a few seconds, making Estrella want to hop in the backseat with him and do the nasty things they had both thought about doing with each other since their first time.

The sexual tension was thick, but Fezco knew she had to go, so he leaned in real quick and connected their lips in a kiss.