It has been a couple of months since Maia started spending more time with Buck after calling him dad. No matter how much time passed, I still couldn't help but feel my heart flutter in my chest every time I saw them interacting with each other.

    The bond they've had together since day one couldn't be broken even if I wanted to. Even after spending months away from him, for her, it was like he was never gone.

"Do you plan on standing there just staring at us like a creep, or are you coming down?" Evan asked in a teasing tone.

My skin immediately flushed at being caught in the act. The way he leaned back against the counter with his arms crossed in front of him, making his muscles contract under his white T-shirt, was not helping my situation either.

     Sleeping with him again was definitely a terrible idea.

"What if I do? You got a problem with that?"

Evan smirked, slowly nodding his head. "Suit yourself, Miller."

   Not being able to resist the delicious smell of pancakes, I gave in and headed downstairs to join them.

    "Momma," Maia motioned me with her little hand to approach her from her high chair.

    "Yes, bug?" I watched as she grabbed a small piece of pancake from her plate and offered it to me. "Oh, you want to share with mommy? That's really nice of you."

    Leaning down to her level, I let her put the piece of pancake in my mouth clumsily. Her syrup-covered little fingers pressed against the tip of my nose.

    "How come mommy can have from your pancakes but daddy can't? I made them." Evan said from behind me, pretending to be hurt.

"She loves momma more than she loves daddy, right bug?" I shrugged, looking at Evan over my shoulder before taking a seat next to Maia's chair.

    As I cleaned my nose with the back of my hand, I watched Evan grab the jug of orange juice from the refrigerator and two glasses from the cabinet.

    "Are you going to tell me what was all that about?" he asked, pouring me a cup of juice before setting it next to the plate of pancakes in front of me.

    I froze in my seat, practically digging holes in the pancakes with my eyes. It was foolish of me to think that he would let what I did pass.  Of course, he was going to question me about that random kiss. "What—"

    "Why did you show up here so late and don't say that nothing happened because I'm not letting it slide today like I did last night."

    Grabbing hold of the juice, I took a big gulp giving myself at least a minute to gather my thoughts. At this moment, I rather talk about why I kissed him than about this.

    "So we are not going to talk about the um— thing earlier?" I asked, trying to change the subject miserably.

    "What thing?" Evan arched an eyebrow, but I quickly caught the side of his mouth, quirking up in a slight smile.

    "You are an ass." I grunted, realizing that he knew perfectly what I was talking about.

    "We can talk about it if that's what you want, but not before you answer my question about what happened last night."