CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Sam's lying in bed watching gay porn for research purposes only.

     Seriously, he's not even hard. Okay, so he's a little hard, but it's mainly because he's imagining Sage and him in some of these positions. Positions he's never attempted in his life. God, he's had sex mostly in missionary and a few times in reverse. He hasn't really experimented with sex at all. Sage has, he knows.

     He pauses the clip he's watching (he'd moved from twink on twink stuff to bear and twink combos which he thinks is hotter) (he's also now trying to figure out if he's a bear or a twink) (he thinks he's neither.)

     His phone is in his bed somewhere and he finds it, opening his messages where Sage is at the top. He taps his name and then hits the phone call. Sage answers on the second ring. "Sam?" he asks unsurely.

     "How many people have you slept with?" Sam asks without hesitation.

     Sage pauses and then goes, "Oh, hello, Sage, how are you doing on this fine afternoon? Oh, I'm very well, thank you for asking."

     "That many huh," Sam responds with a roll of his eyes.

     "How many people have you slept with?" Sage asks pointedly.

     "Four people," Sam tells him honestly, kind of gloating. Four's a good number, he thinks. It's experience but not cause for concern.

     Sage is quiet and Sam is definitely gloating now. Oh yeah, he just showed Sage. But then the boy goes, "How many men have you slept with?"

     Sam's jaw falls and he gapes at his phone before he promptly hangs up on him. Mother freaking Sage.

     So Sam's never technically slept with a guy before, or even kissed one up until Sage, but that's — that's just a matter of anatomy. Kissing is kissing. And the other stuff. Well, that's what the research is for, which he should probably get back to if he's going to blow Sage's brains out (and he is, that is the goal.)

     Sage calls him back and when he answers, he says, "Did I strike a nerve?"

     "Shut up Sage," Sam snaps.

     The boy laughs on the other end of the phone. "Am I your first, Sam? I'm honored."

     "Are you going to answer my question or not?" Sam grumbles.

     "Are you asking me that because you're worried you're going to catch something from me?" Sage retorts. "Because I get tested regularly."

     Sam was actually not asking for that reason. He was trying to figure out how many men Sage had to compare him to and how he could become the best Sage has ever had (because Sage is for Sam, hands down best hook up of his life.) But he's not going to tell Sage that.

     "What's going on? Why'd you get all quiet?" Sage asks.

     Sam says, "Come over later."

     "Uh," Sage says, confused. "Okay. Like seven?"

     "That works," Sam says before he hangs up. He glances at the clock in the corner of his laptop screen. It's a little after three. Four hours to get good at gay sex. He's got this.

     Being someone's fuck buddy isn't news one just casually announces to his family, so Sage keeps it to himself, stewing throughout his afternoon classes. He has a break before his last class and he sits in the back of Bluestone doing some work on his laptop when he gets a call from Sam.