Chapter 34: The Blood, The Tears, The Guilt

Start from the beginning

I stood up and walked around the dark room, trying to find where Chi’s voice is coming from, “No, Chi. Don’t blame yourself. I – I was the killer-“

“And I was the suicidal. Child, please stop saying that you don’t deserve to live anymore because of my death. You’ve beaten yourself up for too long, Aka. Please, please fight for your survival. I don’t want to see you go like this.”

Chi was pleading- for me to survive?

I felt something warm fall down my cheek. I brought a hand up to my face and wiped it away, only to see that those were tears. I was crying.

“Please Aka, wake up now. Survive.”

Aka turned to nothingness and gave a sad smile, “Chi, this will be the last time we’ll be talking. Any messages you want me to tell?”

Author…

“One more.” Natsu breathed out as he finished catching his breath. Everyone watched him with awe. He slowly approached the crystal wall and once he was beside Kuro, he delivered one powerful punch.

It broke.

It didn’t regenerate.

“What?” Kuro’s head snapped towards the inside of the crimson wall only to see Aka’s body already down on the dirt.

Everyone turned paler and attacked the crystal in unison. In an instant, it was finally broken and Aka was just an arm’s length away.

Kuro ran to her first holding the girl’s limp body in her small arms. She was covered in blood, she was pale, and she was cold. The black female exceed only shook her head. This can’t be happening! This wasn’t happening. She tried to convince herself as she started to shake Aka’s body, “Aka, wake up.” She said softly first, but no response.

Every second she was starting to get frantic as everyone else stood behind her, waiting for a ray of hope too.

No one could speak except for Kuro. She shouted and shouted for Aka to wake up, but she doesn’t seem to hear her. Kuro started to cry again, but she still didn’t stop. “Aka!” she called out, but no answer, “Please, Aka! Wake up! Don’t do this!”

The female exceed started to feel tired. All her energy was used up by trying to break the crimson wall that separated them, by crying, by shouting. Was it about time for her to give up?

Was Aka completely lost now? Is she gone forever?

“Aka,” she sobbed, halting from shaking the girl in front of her, “Please wake up for us.”

No answer.

Pure silence.

Everyone couldn’t hold the tears in anymore. They all cried out without anything holding them back. The female members fell to their knees, Lucy, Wendy Lissana, Mirajane and Levi, they sought for comfort. Erza just let the tears fall while she gripped on the katana in her hand, as well as Gray and Natsu who only had their fists ball or an arm on their arm. Elfman, Jet and Droy cried like real men should.

Did it really just happen? Did they just lose a member? Were they too late?

“Guys, s-stop crying.”

All their eyes pop open and turn to face the limp body of the blood dragon slayer. She had her eyes open; they could see her red irises. Her lips were moving, she had a smile on.

The Fairies still crying, but this time they were smiling themselves too.

Kuro herself couldn’t knock away the smile that forming in her lips. She wanted to call her name badly-