1.10 | Cobra Kai Never Dies

Depuis le début

"Yes, Sensei!" Miguel and Kalon replied in unison with strong tones. "You got your ass kicked because you didn't have any defence, so I'm gonna teach you the best defence that you can know. And the best defence is..." Johnny expressed as he paced before standing right in front of his two students, "...Is more defence." Kalon and Miguel looked at each other before subtly fist-bumping. Kalon and Miguel walked over to the mat and began doing push-ups before they began sparring with each other.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Over the next few weeks, Kalon and Miguel went through different levels of training along with private spar lessons with Sensei Lawrence where both teenagers often got their asses kicked. Kalon spent more time with Eli and Demetri playing video games, seeing movies and she even convinced them to join her and Miguel at the park - of course, she promised to shout them lunch if they agreed. Eli was amazed by her stamina as she and Miguel trained with each other, sparring and messing around.

Demetri's eyes were focused on the blonde beauty as she flipped and landed a kick to Miguel's stomach causing the Latino boy to fall on his back. Eli and Demetri laughed as Miguel groaned in pain, Kalon smirking at him before holding her hand out to help him up. Miguel smirked to himself before pulling her down, the blonde fell on top of him causing both of them to laugh. "That didn't go as planned," Miguel stated with Kalon rolled off of him and onto the grass beside him. "That's karma," Kalon expressed breathlessly.

Demetri and Eli walked over to them and sat down beside them, "You really take this karate thing seriously." Kalon looked to Demetri as he sat down by her head blocking the sun from her eyes. "Yeah, I do. I've always loved karate," Kalon told Demetri before moving to rest her head in his lap, the raven-haired boy shrugged before looking to Miguel. Eli's jaw clenched at the action, he watched as Demetri began running his fingers through Kalon's hair and he was jealous, envious of Miguel and Demetri's confidence towards their friend.

"So I was thinking... There's gonna be a fair in town next month with arcade games and carnival rides, maybe we could all go," Kalon suggested as she closed her eyes, relaxing into Demetri's lap as he continued to run his fingers through her hair. "I'd be down. A month gives me time to save some cash," Miguel replied as he scrolled through Instagram. "Yeah, arcade games sound fun," Eli added, the blonde smiled at him before looking up at Demetri. "Only if I don't have to go on any carnival rides," Demetri enforced causing the blonde to pout at him.

"Seriously?! Puppy dog eyes?" Demetri exclaimed as he narrowed his eyes at her. "Please~" Kalon pleaded in a soft childlike voice that made Miguel and Eli turn to Demetri with looks that basically said, 'If you make her sad, we'll hurt you' which ultimately made Demetri groan. "Fine. We'll go," Demetri says with an eye roll. Kalon smiled widely as she sat up and kissed Demetri's cheek, the raven-haired boy flushed red at the action while Eli seethed inside and Miguel laughed at the boy's red cheeks.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

"What's the second rule of the Way of the fist?" Johnny asked Miguel as they trained, Kalon was training with Benny the dummy. "Strike hard!" Miguel replied as he threw another punch towards Johnny. "That's right. There's only one reason to hit someone, to inflict pain. Striking hard is about giving your all," Johnny explained to Miguel before looking towards his daughter as she roundhouse kicked Benny the dummy in the face causing it to fall to the ground with a loud thump. "Whoa!" Miguel's eyes were wide as he looked at her.

The doorbell jingled gaining the three cobra's attention, Kalon smiled softly as she watched Aisha walk into the room. "What the hell? No yoga till 5," Johnny told her before sighing, "No matter how bad you need it." Kalon glared at her father before walking towards Aisha, stepping harshly on her father's foot in the process making him stumble and groan in pain. "She's here for karate, dad... Uh, Sensei," Kalon said after she hugged Aisha.

"I saw your website and Kalon taught me that I am capable of anything I put my mind to and I wanna learn," Aisha expressed. Johnny looked to his daughter who had her arm around Aisha's shoulders as she smiled proudly at her friend. "It said that there was supposed to be a session today," Aisha added with her arm around Kalon's waist. "I appreciate you coming in, but there are no girls in Cobra Kai," Johnny answered back making Kalon roll her eyes.

"And what am I? I haven't changed my identification, Sensei. I'm very much a girl," Kalon crossed her arms against her chest as she kept her mind relaxed remembering that her father was raised differently due to his past and his close-minded step-father Sid. "You're my daughter, so you're the exception," Johnny argued back with a smug smirk. "Why not?" Aisha asked him. "Same reason there aren't women in the army. Doesn't make sense," Johnny answered making Aisha look at Kalon with a confused expression.

"Oh, my God. Dad, get with the times... Man, you are old," Kalon said before Miguel led Johnny into the office where Kalon knew he was talking some sense into the older man. "Your dad is..." Aisha trailed off as she looked at her friend. "Is close-minded, sexist and incredibly rude. Yes, yes he is. But he was raised in a strict close-minded environment, he needs... character development," Kalon explained making both girls laugh as Miguel and Johnny walked out of the office.

"Okay, take off your shoes. Hop on the mat," Johnny instructed Aisha, the girl nodded and followed his instructions while Kalon stood next to Miguel. "Okay, after further review, I've decided to allow female students. But if you want to be in Cobra Kai, you can't act like a girl," Johnny ordered while Kalon shook her head. "What do you mean? How do girls act?" Aisha asked respectfully as she looked from Kalon to Johnny. "Oh, don't give me that... you know, all emotional, loud, complain-y, never letting you finish a sentence," Johnny rambled.

"So basically you when your drunk?" Kalon teased her father, the older Lawrence looked at her before turning back to Aisha without saying anything knowing that's an argument he would lose. "Well, I know a few guys who act just-" Aisha started but was cut off by Johnny, "QUIET!" Kalon snorted but covered it with a cough before leaning towards Miguel, "As I said. He was talking about himself." Miguel bit the inside of his cheek so he wouldn't laugh.

Needless to say, Aisha had kicked Miguel's ass and proven that she was a natural-born Cobra, which managed to even out the Dojo. Kalon, who cheered Aisha on in her spar against Miguel, challenged herself to teach Aisha everything she knew so the two could spar. Within an hour, Aisha and Kalon were sparring each other with determination leaving Miguel and Johnny amazed by their skillset and by the end of the class, they were even in points and closer than ever, practically best friends.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Rosemary Speaks

What did you think of this chapter?

I have some struggles with this purely because my 'O' key broke and I had spent a few hours fixing it and now it's sort of, just sitting in place so I can type. But meh...

See you in the next chapter!