3- Meeting the Angry Gator

Start from the beginning

(Laterrrrr...!)

I parked in the employee section and headed inside, gasping immediately as I looked around. It was astonishing; overwhelming, almost. I took a few steps inside before a robot suddenly appeared in front of me. I screamed, jumping back.

"Please take a map. Take a map. Take this map" it repeated, shoving a map of the building in my face. Hesitantly, I took it from its hand.

"Thank you. Have fun and be safe" its monotone voice droned before it wheeled away towards someone else who had just walked in. I shook my head, stuffing the map in my purse and making my way towards the counter. The teenage boy at the counter looked up at me with a bored expression.

"How many?"

"I'm here to work, actually. I was wondering where I should go..?"

"Oh. One sec"

He grabbed a walkie-talkie from his belt and pressed the button.

"Adam? New hire just got here, she's at the front entrance"

After a few seconds, a voice came through. I recognized it immediately as the same guy I spoke to over the phone.

"She can wait right there, on my way"

The kid nodded, and put the device back on the belt.

"Step to the side and wait, he's coming"

I nodded, stepping out of the way of a family that had just entered. I took that time to look around a little more, wandering up to a set of cardboard cutouts. Freddy, I remembered, but he was built much different. He was muscular and handsome instead of jolly and chubby and was dressed like a rockstar. Next to him was Chica, now white instead of yellow, and curvy.

The last two, I didn't recognize.

"Hmm, Roxanne Wolf and... Montgomery Gator? Doesn't sound very rockstar-like to me. Sounds like someone's grandpa" I snickered to myself, and turned back to the lobby, now seeing a man in a uniform with a manager's nametag approach. He was tall and tan, with long dark brown hair tied into a bun at the back of his neck and deep green eyes. He grinned at me and waved.

"(Y/n)?"

"That's me!"

He held his hand out and I shook it politely, smiling up at him.

"I'm Adam, sorry I think I forgot to mention my name over the phone. I'm glad you're giving this a shot. The work isn't too hard, and Monty isn't a bad guy, he just...gets kind of worked up sometimes. Who doesn't?"

I liked Adam immediately. He seemed mellow and like he had a good sense of humor. Working for him wouldn't be so hard, I thought.

He led me around the whole building, showing me where I would be working, where employee lockers were, etc. He showed me where I could change and handed me a plastic bag containing a uniform.

"There's an extra set in your locker. Grab some supplies from the closet and head over to Rockstar Row when you're done. The show is about to start, so they won't be in their rooms"

I listened carefully to all his explanations, opening the bag once he had left. It was a bright red dress with buttons that stopped at my knees, and a blue simple apron. It came with blue tights to wear under it, and a pair of red plain sneakers. Glamrock Freddy's colors, I figured.

Once it was on, I looked in the mirror and smiled. Cute and functional, but not sexual. The apron had several large pockets, big enough to hold rags and bottles of cleaner easily. I tied my hair back and made my way to the storage closet, slipping on some gloves and loading necessary equipment onto the cart. I took the employee elevator down and politely avoided the crowds as I headed to Rockstar Row.