"I don't know. Did I, Kati?" I jeered at her, and I could see her stiffen.

Perfect. That all went according to my plan. Not.

"Uh, are you okay, Lucy? What are you talking about?" she asked me hesitantly, like I was a small child.

"I don't know, unless you have a twin sister who has long hair instead of a bob. Also, your twin is wanted by the police for breaking and entering, robbing, and other things." I growled, taking a step towards the girl, as she leaned back into her seat.  

"What? I don't have a twin—wait, yes I do, no I don't!" she yelled, mostly at herself, staring sheepishly up at me.

I rolled my eyes and my right hand found it's way to my bracelet, clutching the charm tightly. "Don't play dumb, Killia—Kati. You're a wanted girl, you're on the run, you're lying and using me to run away from them!" I spit out at her, watching her sink even further into the seats, covering her face. She almost reminded me of, well, me. Whenever my mother used to slap me for doing something or saying something wrong.

My face fell as I heard her crying, sobbing out something incomprehensible.

"Lucy, please, please don't abandon me. Please." she sobbed, pushing her face into the seat. "This is why I didn't want to go here, because you'd find out." she cried out, her voice muffled by the seat around her.

"What did you do, Killian." I questioned, my voice deadly calm. It even surprised me.

She turned to me, her stone gray eyes misty with tears. "I can't tell you. Not yet." she whispered, her eyes still on the ground.

I gave a groan and crossed my arms. "Why, Kati. Why did it have to be me, of all people, to be traveling with a delinquent." I asked to the ceiling, throwing my hands up in defeat.

"I-if you want, I'll leave." she muttered, standing up and started to make her way out of the RV.

I grabbed her shoulder, shaking my head. "It's okay. I think, Kati. Can you tell me when we get to Orrienshire, or, I don't know. Rose Central, maybe." I told her, trying to calm myself. I willed myself not to punch her in the face.

"I don't know.." she trailed off, and I gave a snort at her uncertainty. "I-I mean yeah, I'll tell you at Orrienshire or something." she muttered.

I gave her a small smile and let out a sigh, rubbing my temple. "God, Kati, what am I going to do if we're caught?" I let out a sigh.

"I'm really sorry, Lu." I heard Killian whisper once again.

I stood up and walked myself to the dashboard, fishing my keys out of my pocket, and starting the RV. I felt like someone was hovering over me, and I turned to see Killian standing there.

"Sit down, Kati—Killian, whatever. We're still traveling together, let's just hope that someone else comes before I throw your body into a ditch."

She started to walk towards me, and she then stopped, staring at me with wide eyes.

I let out a small puff of air before motioning for her to sit. "I'm kidding. Maybe."

"I knew that." she snapped, pouting and staring out the window. "Call me Killian, please. Kati's long gone." she said, a small smile growing on her face.

I shrugged and pulled off the side of the dirt road, leaving Pinebridge behind us, and I could see out of the corner of my eye that Killian had relaxed slightly.

The trees began to blur as we sped up, and I relaxed as well, the only sound was the breathing of us both, and I was okay with that.