Chapter Two

"Oh my God."

It was him.
Steven Fucking Adler.
Am I dreaming?

"Sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there," Steven rambled quickly, his hands firmly clamped on my upper arms to stop me from loosing my balance. His touch was electrifying to me. I felt as though the wind had been knocked out of me- like I couldn't breathe.

Oh come on, Nellie. You're not in love with him. He probably thinks you're homeless.

I quickly realised it'd been a good minute since I hadn't spoke a reply to the cheerful blonde. He was so happy. How? "N-no, it's okay," I paused to clear my throat. What had happened to the fairly confident Nellie? "I should've looked where I was going."

Steven flashed that grin. His whole face seemed to light up. His eyes crinkled slightly at the corners and his eyes shined brightly under the florescent lighting. "Well, then we're even. I wasn't either," he said excitedly, a soft giggle chasing up his words.

I felt myself blush- something I despised ever since I was in high school. Fuck. I swallowed back my nerves, my heart beginning to race as the initial shock faded. He's really in front of me. "I-it's okay. Really," I looked anywhere but him, brushing my palms against my baggy jeans as they began to sweat. I felt his gaze on me.

"Are you okay?" Steven asked nicely, despite the concern his voice held. I could tell he knew he ran into a fan, his eyes held that slight glint of cheekiness. His famous smile almost widened (if possible) as he saw me blush, which only caused my cheeks to redden again.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous. I mean, I'm a big fan," I choked out, praying that I hadn't said the wrong thing to him. My worries faded as he grinned wider. His smile was so fucking contagious it made me smile along with him. Wow.

"Awesome!" he exclaimed cheerfully, his voice a little louder as he expressed his joy. "Sorry you can't meet the others," he mumbled, quickly looking down at his fingers. Was he disappointed?

"No! It's okay, you're my favourite," I blushed, clearing my throat again. Nice one, Nellie. I subconsciously played with my calloused and slightly blistered fingers, my whole body becoming hot as he blushed. He blushed. It made me smile.

"Cool!" he giggled, jabbing a hand out excitedly. "I'm Steven. Or Steve. Or Stevie. Or Popcorn!" he nearly yelled. Talk about excitable.

I firmly took his hand, my heart racing again, "I'm Nellie," I flashed a smile as I shook his hand. He seemed to be contemplating my hand or something because he ran his fingers over mine. "You play guitar?" he asked.

"Yeah, I do."