Samurai to Hashira

Start from the beginning

"Sanemi Shinazugawa - Wind Pillar"

"Gyomei Himejima - Stone Pillar"

"Obanai Iguro - Serpent Pillar"

"Kyojuro Rengoku - Flame Pillar"

"Muchiro Tokito - Mist Pillar"

"Mitsuri Konroji - Love Pillar"

"Tengen Uzui - Sound Pillar"

"Shinobu Kocho - Insect Pillar"

"Giyu Tomioka - Water Pillar"

Each of them was different especially in the way they presented themselves. These are the warriors of the future the ones who protect demons from the innocent. I got up to my feet and gave them a slight bow out of respect.

"I see that you are incredibly powerful warriors. I am humbled to be in your presence." I commended.

When I heard of this demon slayer corps, I was interested in their fight against demons. To reckon that a supernatural creature can be fought against even a well-trained swordsman. I was fearful when I first encountered a demon. But I realized that there was just another enemy. They only kill because they have to and will take great pleasure in their attempts.

My duty as a Samurai was to protect the people of Japan from these creatures. Yet, I had to do it in the shadows as the Ghost. At the time I did not know if it was safe to do things out in the open. Best to be safe than end up in the worst situation. So when I learn of the group, I was a bit relieved that I was not the only one fighting. I have concluded or have some idea of why I was here.

"I don't suppose I was brought because of a friendly chat." I alluded.

"No, I assumed you had some type of idea. As head of the demon slayer corps, I want you to become a Hashira." Kagaya announced.

There were a few moments of silence before the other Hashiras burst into disbelief. I smirked knowing my theory that he would offer me to become one.

"Master you can't be serious!"

"We barely know the guy. How can you safely assume he would be trustworthy?"

"An interesting decision but it would need some convincing."

Each of them expressed their disagreement with Kagaya's decision. I knew such an action would stir some debate. They continued for a short while until he snapped his fingers. They all fell back into silence. I must respect him for commanding them in such a calm and thorough manner. The opposite of how I was raised yet it was effective.

"I understand your concerns and I know how you feel about this. But this is an opportunity. Jin Sakai is no ordinary man as he has proved that he can take care of a few demons. How else do you explain areas of demon infestations? He alone eradicated them." Kagaya elucidated.

It was true, my first attempt was to follow the rumors of demons and see where it led. Ever since then I gradually learned about demons and the people who fight them.

"Although I simply asked if he would join us. It would be his decision if that is what he wants."

"My duty hasn't changed. As Samurai I will protect the innocent whether it be from Mongols or demons. I will do what is necessary. I may not be from here but I won't waste this opportunity." I declared.

"Kagaya Ubuyashika, I wish to join the demon slayer corps."

I got down on my knees and lowered my head to show that I was serious.

"Jin Sakai, raise your head," Kagaya said.

I did as he asked and saw he moved closer to the edge of the floor.