Samurai to Hashira

.

.

.

.

Jin's POV

I did not think this day could get stranger. Not only was I years ahead but I would be fighting true demons. My skills and abilities were mostly to fight Mongols. Now it's being upgraded with breathing techniques which have made my moves even more powerful.

The master has revealed a legend that he believed to be true. I know it is because the legendary samurai he is talking about is me. To think my story would be reduced to one scroll. I guess that the shogun was dead sent on wiping my name from the record. To preserve that the way of the samurai is what secured their victory.

This exposure has put me in the spotlight. Each demon slayer is looking at me in astonishment and awe. But it seems one of them would not believe it.

"Master, excuse me for my rudeness. But how is this man who you claim is this 'Ghost' of the past? He could be some type of imposter." The scarred man disputed.

"Because of this symbol." The master then let the girl holding the scroll show them. Inside was the symbol of clan Sakai. A circle with two triangles represents the twin mountains of Tsushima.

"Our friend here is the last of his clan. Only he carries what is left of his family." He said.

He could only be surprised that he was able to figure out who I was with the little information he had.

"Sir could you please show them that you mean well." He called to me.

"I'm sorry but my hands are tied," I retorted.

"Forgive me. My children only did it as a precaution for your safety." The master remarks. "Untie him."

The scarred man scoffed but was about to do as asked.

"No need. I already figured it out," I confessed. The binds fell from my arms as I rubbed my arms from the stress.

I saw how stunned the demon slayers were. Even the blue-haired one had his eyes widened for a moment.

"That's the second time that I was tied up. I told myself that would be the last time it happened." I glared but it did not affect them.

"What happened last time?" The pinked hair girl mumbled.

"I watched my friend get killed right in front of me," I said.

It plays in my mind but I wish not to remember it. Even now it still hurts to see Taka killed. I never should have let him come.

"I'm sorry it's just that I've lost so many during those days. I do my best to carry on and remember for who they were." I commended.

They had somber expressions as they looked down. I knew that look the look of someone they lost. These demon slayers appear more than they seem. I pulled out my katana and held it in front of me.

"This is the Sakai blade. Passed down from my father." I told as I showed him the blade.

Despite his blindness, one of the girls told him that it was indeed matched with the symbol.

"Then you are truly what the legend says. The 'Ghost' unless you prefer... Jin Sakai." The master said.

"Yes. That would be preferable. And may ask yours?" I asked.

"My name is Kagaya Ubuyashika I am the leader of the demon slayer corps. The ones beside me are my daughters. The 9 men and women standing next to you are the Hashira. The most powerful of the demon slayers."