» [t.v.] the dragons

Start from the beginning

superhuman durability: a dragon's scales are known to be one of the few indestructible substances in the known universe. as a result, rhaegon is virtually impervious to most weaponry. as he ages, his scales thicken and grow harder, affording more protection. his scales, muscle, and bone composition have many times the density of regular creatures, making him nigh-invulnerable.

superhuman speed: rhaegon is described as a fast shadow, able to fly up to 400 mph. he develops a quick reaction-time as well, being able to evade ballistae fired from the scorpion's sons' navy.

superhuman reflexes: despite his large build, rhaegon is able to pilot himself mid-flight to evade threats or practice stealth

superhuman stamina: rhaegon is able to fight and fly for a great amount of time without showing fatigue. it's shown in his continuous battle efforts and staying mostly mid-air during the snap and following months.

flight: rhaegon is at his most powerful in the air, being able to fly at high speeds.

longevity: although he has grown at an exponentially faster speed compared to most dragons, rhaegon is capable of living for centuries through slow aging. however, he is not immortal and it is possible for him to be killed.

fire breath: perhaps his most famous and destructive attribute, rhaegon is equipped with a powerful fire breath that only grows hotter and fiercer as he ages. it possesses a magical signature due to rhaegon's intrinsic bond with theadora valaryen. his flame is able to melt through steel and rock, as well as turn humans into ash within seconds. his fire breath may possess explosive properties to perform wide-scale destruction.

intelligence: rhaegon is a highly intelligent creature, being trained for battle and able to distinguish friend from foe as well as learning cue words in sovrani to perform offensive or defensive attacks. he also has a keen sense of him, being able to detect whether theadora is in danger or calls to him.

WEAKNESSES
eyes and wings: although the rest of his body seems indestructible, rhaegon is susceptible to injury or death if his eyes or wings, fleshy and stretched relatively thin, are targeted.

weakness of illyris: with his sister vissera, rhaegon may face weakness if anything were to happen to his bonded dragonrider, theadora valaryen, or her powers. since he was hatched through her, he feeds off of her life force and his strength could deplete if he were to lose that bond.

ORIGIN
crypts of the rhaenkeep

STATUS
alive

OVERVIEW
Rhaegon is one of Theadora Valaryen's two dragons and her personal mount. He and his sister Vissera were hatched during the Duel of Coney Island when the Vulture's wing suit exploded and caused a massive fire. Due to the nature of Thea's Dragofyre and the dormant magic of the eggs themselves, a perfect sorcery was created to protect Thea and hatch the eggs. He is named after Thea's late older brother, Rhaeon Valaryen.

Born and raised in Queens, Rhaegon is commanded by Thea as part of Illyris' Wing, an elite force of the only surviving dragons.

Rhaegon serves as firepower during the Battle of Wakanda, becoming a valuable asset in destroying the Outrider forces. He is with Thea when she gets snapped away, crying out in grief and confusion at her disappearance, and sets fire to the grove of trees around him.