Chapter 22- The reason for the Destruction

Magsimula sa umpisa

"YOU DIDN'T REQUEST THAT INFORMATION"

"Fuck!!"

"Ohoh, you seem to be panicking" Exclaimed the Dragonborn. It seems restraining me is the only thing you're good for. Well, I'm sure you'd be glad to hear that restraining me won't stop me from hurting you."

At that very moment, flames came billowing out from his mouth straight towards me. I jumped out of the way as his mobility was compromised by my restricting of him. But then he just kept firing flame everywhere. Flames were bursting out everywhere in the room. The expensive furniture burst into flames and the whole room began to burn. Leaving me with no way to escape.

I ran for cover underneath a heavy stone plate which I wasn't entirely sure what it had been before whatever decorated it was burned off and the I yelled

"Acid Spore!"

All of a sudden acid dropped from the sky causing the flamed to burst into a purple burn before they strengthened and then slowly began to go out.

I stepped out from underneath the stone slab onto the completely incarcerated room. only to find the Dragonborn almost dead still being held up by the fire nova now burning with a purple flame. Which still seemed to have no extra effect on him.

"W..What. a-rrre you.." He wheezed clearly shocked by how powerful my singular spell was.

Then his eyes widened.

"No..No..No!!! The prophecy!! No, we let her in!! we let her in!!" He began to scream ferociously

He then yelled again.

"Destroy it!! Destroy the prophesised monster protect the demon lord Mussa."

Mussa seemed like a strange name for a monster. I had heard monster names before and none of them sounded anything like Mussa nor did any human names I had heard since I had reincarnated.

But there wasn't time to think as all of a sudden 6 more lesser Dragonborns ran in to apprehend me. 

"Fire Nova!" I called fire nova on every one of them. I couldn't use acid spore as the room was too small and the stone plate I had used as cover before was too badly damaged. All i could do was leave them hanging in the air. But just as I had expected they all began to blow fire towards me. I knew that if I was hit by one of their attacks I would probably die instantly so I had to escape.

So I fired an acid flame attack into an area where the ground was already damaged to break down into a lower floor.

"I crashed down into what looked like some kind of middle ages kitchen. However, the kitchen was also full of Lesser Dragonborns doing tasks like cooking, cleaning, and other kitchen tasks. These individuals clearly weren't guards like the others had been, but it seemed the palace was full of the species. I guessed it must have been one of the most common species of ATop rank monsters if there were so many there.

I continued to run until I came across a huge gate in the middle of a vast and empty room.

And in it stood an individual. I had never felt such a powerful aura coming of anything. It was sickening.

The individual didn't seem too unusual it just looked like a fairly regular although muscular and clearly very fit African man with 2 horns on his head and a demon-like tail.

"So you're the beast then,..Huh. I had imagined you to be more frightening. I hope you can understand that I need to kill you"

"Why?... Why do you need to kill me?"

"The prophecy. Just a few weeks ago I received a prophecy. A prophecy that promised the end of my life once again. The prophecy stated that a monster that hid amongst the humans of the Sinmar capital of Casimar had the ability to grow indefinitely. The prophecy said that although being weak at the start this monster would eventually become powerful enough to kill me and take my throne. But if it had just been about the power I wouldn't have gone to such measures. But the prophecy claimed that you would not only become strong enough to kill me. But you would in fact kill me. I've already died once before... And I don't want to have to experience that again. Especially not now. I grew up in a distant land you've never heard of named Tanzania. I lived there with my family, life was tough, but I was happy. I died before I could do anything with my life, or repay any of the problems and difficulties I had put my family through in order to get that surface-level happiness I had. Then I arrived here. Lost not knowing anything about this world. I then found a small village. Everybody was instantly afraid of me and attacked me viscously. But their attacks couldn't even scratch me. I simply walked off. This happened village after village until I arrived in Muyseco. These individuals worshiped me and after years of helping the people out in any way, I could they made me their ruler. I poured my heart and soul into improving life for all within this nation. And also protected the humans from harm by forbidding the slaughter of humans. I had to fight many to prove this was the right option. Monsters of every shape and size tried to kill me so that this law wasn't put in place. But I won. After all, I was of the species Demon Lord. Nothing else could stand up to my strength. However, even once the law was planted many individuals went against it. and to this day I have failed to fully stop the hunting of humans. But you, a monster strong enough to kill me. Why did it have to be you in the prophecy? You've lived amongst humans and not mindlessly killed them...Why did it have to be this way? We could have been great allies you and I. But no. I must live on, this country is still corrupt, I still have much to do. And you stand in my way! I'm sorry... But you must die."

"Africa," I said to him

"What did you just say?"

"Africa, Tanzania. In Africa"

"No...No,no,no,no. You're also from my own world! Why is God so cruel. My only true enemy and it's somebody who could truly become a real friend. Why did it have to be this way." He started to cry.

"But you must die...It's the only way!"