Lea x Evotar!Reader - Understand You

Author's Note: Not even the first one shot and I'm already going for the angst. Anywho. Gonna include a gender non conforming reader for all my he, she, theys in the fandom (to my fellow neopronouns users, I'll make sure to write a separate one shot including neopronouns). I hope you all enjoy this.

(A bit of disclaimer, this one shot may contain a bit of spoilers for the end of the game and the DLC, so sorry about this)
_______________________________________

A certain blue haired Spheromancer proceeded to the bench near the lake of Homestedt Village, stopping in her tracks once she noticed the (H/c) fellow Evotar sitting on the bench, slumped over and deep in thought. The red eyed Evotar made her way over to the other village inhabitant and decided to make her presence known.

"Hi?" she spoke, startling the (E/c) person in the process, who then calmed down once they spotted who it was that got them out of their deep thoughts. "Oh, hey Lea. Didn't see you there." the horned bluette pointed at the bench with a cocked eyebrow. "Hm? Ah, you want to sit down besides me?" Lea nodded.

(Y/n) scooted away, making room for the Evotar, who sat down besides them. Both Evotars looked at the lake, an awkward silence joining them in their activity of sitting and relaxing. After a few more minutes passed, Lea decided to be the one to break the ice and lightly tapped (Y/n)'s arm. The (H/c) looked at Lea, raising an eyebrow. "What's up?" the bluette pointed at the desk "Why?" she asked.

"Ah, are you wondering why I'm sitting here in the first place?" Lea nodded. (Y/n) sighed, looking at the blue tinted sky. "Nothing important, really. Just deep in my thoughts. Thinking about..." (Y/n) trailled off, pausing as they took a deep breathe "...what happened back then with Sidwell and... y'know." Lea looked away, staring sadly at the lake as she hugged herself. The two fell in silence again.

That is until (Y/n) spoke. "I've been thinking..." Lea raised her head, looking at the (S/c) Evotar. "Am I... Do I deserve to be here?" (Y/n) muttered, loud enough for Lea to hear. The bluette look concerned. (Y/n) continued. "Like.... Yeah, it's been a few days since Sergey brought us back. But... I've helped Sidwell with his plan. I helped him with... I..." the (E/c) eye colored Evotar sucked in a breathe, trying to calm themself down before they coukd break down in front of Lea.

"I'm a bad person. So then, why am I here? I-It's not like you guys really want me here, right? So then why didn't you delete me?" (Y/n) spoke once again, raising their voice by the second. Lea backed up, a bit startled by the sudden change of mood in the fellow AI. Heck, what she was hearing was already enough. Why was (Y/n) acting like this? She already forgave them. Unless, of course...

They didn't forgive themself.

She got it now. They were still in denial. After all that happened.... She understood where (Y/n) was coming from. It took her a bit to come to terms with the truth after a lot of deceiving, but the only difference was  that she had someone who helped her get over what happened and come to terms with everything. (Y/n), on the other hand, seemed to have kept all those thoughts to themself.

Heck, only now was Lea hearing about all of this. But still, she didn't like how lowly (Y/n) was talking about themself. "Wait." Lea spoke, hoping (Y/n) would get the hint. "What? Am I not right?" the (H/c) spoke, looking at the bluette. Lea shook her head. "Wait."

More silence.

"... Why are you being so nice to me? WHY ARE YOU STILL KEEPING ME HERE?!" the Evotar shouted, standing up. A nearby goose ran away, the comotion scaring it away. Just as this happened, Lea was once again startled by a holographic screen of Sergey popping up in front of her very red eyes.

"Lea, please stay right where you are. I am on my way." spoke the honey blonde man, who was currently using his avatar. The screen disappeared and Lea was greeted with a desperate looking (Y/n), who was currently looking at Lea, tears gathering in their eyes. "Please... tell me I'm right! Please for the love of Ancients, just tell me I'm not supposed to be here! Agree with me or something!" at that Lea, shook her head, now teats gathering in her eyes.

She wasn't going to agree with (Y/n). She wanted to tell them how much she cared about them. How much she loves them. She needed to do something before things got out of control. So, Lea did the only thing that came into her mind. She ran into the (H/c), her lips smashing into (Y/n)'s.

Honestly, Lea had no idea why she did that. It just... came into her mind. Heck, she didn't even know if (Y/n) felt the same way. But she didn't care. She wanted to so this. She needed to do this. It felt right.

A few minutes passed, before Lea decided to break the kiss. She looked at the (E/c) Evotar, who's face was now red. They looked confused, yet intrigued. And also embarrassed.

"Wait." muttered Lea, her hold on (Y/n) tightening. (Y/n) stood silent for a few more minutes. Before they leaned foward and kissed Lea. The bluette kissed back. They held each other, as if the other would disappear. They both realized how much they needed this. How much they needed each other.

They both pulled away, even though there was no need for air. They stood silent one more time, staring at each other, before (Y/n) spoke.

"I'm gonna guess this was not only your way of calming me down, but also your way of telling me you love me." at this, Lea looked away, blushing, before she nodded. (Y/n) smiled, eyes half lidded, before resting their forehead against the Spheromancer's. "I love you, too. A-And... sorry about what I did a few seconds ago. I... don't know what came over me. I was just in a reall bad state of mind." the (F/c) said, giving the bluette a guilty look. Lea shook her head, in a way of telling the fellow Evotar that it was alright and that they had every right to feel that way.

They stood like that for a few more seconds, before the sound of someone clearing their throat startled both Evotars. They looked at what seemed to be Sargey, a look of a proud father. "It seems I did not have to come help solve what happened after all." he spoke, making both Evotars look away in embarrassment. "H-Hey Sergey! Didn't see you there!" the (H/c) spoke, an awkward chuckle escaping them as Lea muttered a quiet 'hi', her face just as red as (Y/n)'s. "How long have you been standing there?" asked (Y/n), stating what was both on their and Lea's mind.

"A few minutes, actually. Well, if all is well here, I shall be going now." and with that, Sergey left, leaving the two Evotars to their own thing. Lea looked annoyed, whole (Y/n) groaned, slumping down back on the bench. "Damn it. ...Do you think he's going to tell anybody about this?" wondered (Y/n), looking at Lea. The bluette shrugged, sitting back, hoping Sergey wouldn't tell anybody else about what he saw.

"Well, anyway. Forgetting that we are basically watched over... Since we're basically dating now... How about I come over to your house and we can have a date?" Lea lightened up at that, nodding.

_______________________________________

Author's Note: Welp, here's the very first one shot of the book. I hope you all enjoyed whatever I cane up with here and if there are any spelling errors, please tell me so I can correct them. Anyway, that is all for now. Have a nice day/night!