𝐍𝐎𝐈 𝟒

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me." Someone had finally interrupted (Y/N)'s time of turmoil. She turned to the voice's owner and gawked even more to see such a tall and intimidating looking man gazing down at her. She relaxed after seeing the indifference in his olive-colored eyes that were close to the color of green. "You're blocking the entrance," he said, blinking.

"Oh." (Y/N) stepped aside and smiled. "Sorry for being in the way, also, thanks for telling me that," she told him and bowed. She walked away, sweatdropping. That guy... He reminds me of Tobio. She didn't realize that she walked so far away that she was in front of refrigerators. She snapped her head. "Eh?! Where am I? Didn't I just walk straight? Or did I turn left? Or right? Or did I ascend to heaven? Why is everything around me so white?" She panicked.

Her surroundings were truly white, after all, the refrigerators had the color white on them, just differing on size and design. Someone like (Y/N), who hasn't been into an appliance store, would have truly thought that they were high up above the skies.

"You're not in heaven, but in the fridge's section," The voice that interrupted her earlier, now intervened her panic again. (Y/N) turned to him, letting out a quiet 'eh'. Ushijima Wakatoshi's eyes fluttered at her appearance. How come she looked so tired? She was only in the appliance store, though...? Was there a need to be nervous? "I'll help you. What are you looking for?" He asked. He doesn't like seeing someone so troubled, which is why he decided to help her.

"A cheap television!" (Y/N) replied, grinning at him. Realization hit her when attention was on her once more. She mellowed down and apologized, "Sorry for being a bother. It's the first time I have been in an appliance store, so... you know... I don't really know what to do." She scratched the back of her nape. "Thanks for helping me, man. But, I think I'll be fine, I wouldn't want to waste your free time," she said.

The latter shook his head. "No, I insist. And, I have a lot of time to spare," Ushijima blankly stated.

"I see, then I'll accept your help then." (Y/N) chuckled. "By the way, I'm Deiern (Y/N), how about you?"

"...How do you say your last name again?" asked the third year after contemplating a bit.

"You don't say it. Just call me (Y/N)." The girl smiled.

"I see then, (Y/N)-san, I am Ushijima Wakatoshi," he introduced himself to the girl.

"Nice to meet 'ya, Ushijima-san." (Y/N) softly punched his arm. She can't reach his shoulder, so she just resorted to doing that. And by doing that, she just noticed how bulky and muscled his arm was. He was wearing loose clothes so she didn't notice, even with her sharp observation skills. Wow... she thought to herself, feeling her face flush slightly. She shook her head, momentarily confusing the guy that she had just talked to.

Ushijima broke the silence, "Just call me Wakatoshi to be fair, (Y/N)-san."

(Y/N) snapped her head towards him, directly meeting his blank eyes. "Eh? Is that really alright?"

"Yes." The olive-green haired teen nodded quietly.

"I see, then I'll call you Toshi, Wakatoshi is too long," (Y/N) said. "And, you remind me of a close friend of mine, so I guess I'll act normally." She swung her arms playfully.

"But, you do not act normally. Not even slightest," Ushijima directly told her.

So Tobio-like...! "Learn to sugarcoat a little..." (Y/N) mumbled, a hand clenching her chest. Ushijima was about to ask if she was alright, but, the girl beat him by asking questions. "So, if Ushi—I mean if you, Toshi, is talking casually to me like this. Does that mean you're in highschool, too?" She inquired, looking up to him and meeting his eyes once more.