𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐟 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

Truth to be told, underneath her brave actions, Pansy wanted to get on the ground and start to cry. She wanted to cry so bad that it was hurting her from the inside to hold in her emotions. Pansy's pride prevented her from giving up and make herself look vulernable, as she didn't want to give Rookwood— a disgusting man who will most likely take her life —any pleasure from her emotions. If she were to be killed by the hands of a death eater, she would rather have people talk about her stubborness to die and her bravery to stand against Rockwood than her being a coward and immediately fall on her knees to beg for her life.

Pansy wasn't that type of person. She had standards and a reputation to uphold, even as she was dying, and she would be damned if Rockwood would be the one to taint it all because he chose her to be his next target.

Pansy took a deep breath in and exhaled through her nose, not breaking the eye contact between her and Rookwood. Her eyes were filled with deep hatred for the man standing in front of her but there was also a slight hint of acceptance in her eyes- acceptance that she was going to die.

Even though there were many students around her and Rookwood, Pansy knew they wouldn't be stopping and risk themselves getting killed to save her from him. After all, who would try to rescue their bully from the hands of a murderer when they were at risk getting killed themselves?

"PANSY!" Pansy snapped her head to where she heard someone scream her name, eyes widening in horror when she saw a blonde haired student standing in the middle of the stairs with bruises and cuts all over her body. The student's uniform was covered in fresh crimson red blood as well and Pansy was hoping on everything that it wasn't hers.

"Daphne?" Pansy's hoarse voice was laced with exhaustion yet there was also a hint of hope in them when she saw her. However, before either of them could say anything else, a flash of green light appeared in front of their eyes and the last thing Pansy saw was the horrified look on her best friend's face, along with the tears running down her cheeks.

Don't cry, Daphne. Stay strong.

Daphne immediately covered her mouth with her hand, her throat threatening to let out a scream that would catch the attention of every death eater around her and endanger her own life. She shut her eyes closed and fell down to her knees, her mind overwhelmed with pain and grief, as she processed the tragic event that had happened before her.

Her dearest friend, Pansy Parkinson, was killed by Augustus Rockwood and Daphne will never be able to see her again.

And a few feets away from her, Elias Alderton's eyes widened as he watched Pansy Parkinson drop to the ground with a thud. When Daphne opened her eyes again to see Pansy, she looked as if she wanted to gouge her eyes out, not believing the scene they were showing her and Elias didn't blame her for it.

Pansy looked lifeless. The Slytherin's emerald green eyes were no longer filled with fire as Elias had remembered back when she would taunt him for messing up a potion during the extra classes he had with the Slytherins in the Great Hall but they were now dull and empty. Her body was covered in dirt and sweat, most likely from all the running she had to do in an attempt to save her life. Pansy Parkinson had always been a fierce fighter whether people would admit it or not. She would not cower away from a fight that she knows she can win but Pansy gained Elias's respect when she still did not give up easily in a fight that she knew she couldn't win. She was a very stubborn girl.

Elias sucked a breath in, still looking at the tragic sight in front of him. Her once beautiful brown hair was also covered in dirt and looked rough as if it had not been washed for days, though the same could not be said for what it looked like several hours ago before the battle started. Blood was still pouring out of the wound in her stomach and Rookwood was staring at her lifeless body as if he was waiting for her to get up. If Rookwood was being truthful, he wanted her to get up. He wanted to torture her and "have fun" with her even longer but Rookwood knew that Pansy couldn't have survived the killing curse, so he let out a huff and pointed his wand to a bunch of students nearby him, one of whom was sobbing out of fear while hiding behind the tallest one in the group.