26: Separation Anxiety

Start from the beginning

"I don't like this." He muttered under his breath, stopping dead in his tracks and waiting for the other two hero students to catch up to him. The two were one step past him when he heard footsteps. 

"Fuck!" Hibiki shouted, grabbing the two by their shirts. He pulled them back so far the two hit the ground, barely saving themselves with their arms. Hibiki went down too, although he did it by choice. 

An explosion set off just a few feet in front of them. 

"What the fuck was that?!" Bakugou shouted, looking around. "Those 1-B fucking-". 

"I don't think that was part of the test of courage." Todoroki interrupted. There were a lot of implications to that and Hibiki didn't want to consider all of them. 

Hibiki heard another click. "Move!" He shouted. The two obliged, scrambling to their feet. Only Bakugou got caught in the blast as the spot they had been lying in exploded. 

"Get off the path." Todoroki ordered. The other two didn't need to be told twice as they ran for the tree line. "We need to get back to base camp.". 

The trio started running for the base camp as fast as they could. 

"Someone's chasing us." Hibiki said as their arms and legs pumped. "I can hear them.". 

"What, do you have fucking super hearing or something?" Bakugou asked. Hibiki glared at him. 

"I was a vigilante for months. I'm sensitive to this sort of shit." The white haired boy shot back. 

"Yeah, you're sensitive all right." Bakugou said, rolling his eyes. 

"Can you two can it?" Todoroki said as they reached a clearing. "No." The pair said at the exact same time. 

There was an uneasy silence as they started walking through the clearing. They had been doing jumping jacks in the same area just yesterday, now at night with the looming threat of whoever was following them, it was eerie and unsettling. 

A menacing laugh rang out and part of the nearby forest seemed to erupt in flames. The trio stumbled back in shock as a black figure rose over the flames. 

"Hello~" The newcomer greeted. They had some sort of lisp or speech impediment, which they thought was strange until he came closer to them and they saw what was holding him so high in the air. 

It was his teeth. They were long as shit, moving and razor sharp. They glinted in the moonlight and the villain smiled around stretched lips. 

He was in a straight jacket, writhing with pleasure in a way that made them so, so very uncomfortable. 

Todoroki shot ice at the villain before the other two could act but he dodged it, slicing the caps of the attack with his teeth. 

He aimed them right for Bakugou who dodged just barely. 

"Take your hearing aids out." Hibiki said, suddenly. His special move was perfect for this. It was so quick and violent it just made people pass out. "Cover your ears." He told Todoroki, who obliged skeptically. 

A super sonic note came out of Hibiki's mouth and suddenly the villain was in a seizure like state. His teeth retracted and he fell to the ground. 

"On no no no." Another voice interrupted. A weird magician and a kid in a weird gas mask appeared from the same end of the clearing the first guy had. "We can't have you winning.". 

-------- --------- --------- -------- ---------- ------- 

Shota watched as the forest went up in flames from his position in the classroom. His heart started beating heavily, rapidly. 

Hibiki was out there. Hitoshi and Mirai had already come back and checked in with the Pussycats. 

But his youngest was still out there. 

The teacher tried to rationalize the situation. It was a villain attack, Hibiki had fought tons of villains. But these weren't ordinary villains if they found the class here. But he had Todoroki and Bakugou with him...but they were all just kids. No matter how strong they were, they were just kids. 

God why was it always Hibiki? How could one kid be that unlucky? 

----------------------------------------------------

Woo what a fun chapter am I right guys? 

Its all fun and games now, baddass fight scenes on the horizon, some teamwork maybe. But I'm about to dump some angst on you. 

Its been fun for far too long 😈😈😈

I'm almost done the first few chapters for the new story! Its a lot harder to write than I would have thought but I really love the concept. It should be out soon! 

I feel kinda weird. Usually I have a lot more to say in these things. 😅

Anyways stay tuned!