Even though you were joking with Eli as if a day hadn't gone by since you last seen each other - you were inwardly still in disbelief, 'Is this.. even real? I'm not dreaming, am I?'

You felt a familiar calloused hand gently place itself upon your shoulder, "(Y/N).. do you.. know this person?" You turned your head back, glancing at Tanjirou, "Yup! He's an old friend back from America!"

You turned back to Eli, who was bickering with his friend, Sōta, "We've been best friends for years, but I haven't seen him since Urokodaki took me in. Tanjirou, meet—"

Eli perked up, before instantly cutting you off, "Hugh Jass. The name's Hugh Jass. Nice to meet you.. shit.. what's his name? Ta.. Tabasco..?"

You choked, your face paling.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me. Hugh Jass? You chose to take the name.. Hugh Jass?"

He smirked, chuckling to himself triumphantly, "You jealous?"

You stared back in pure shock, before raising your voice, "YOU'RE SO STUPID! YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY TANJIROU'S NAME PROPERLY!"

The boy in question sweat dropped, "Nice to meet you, Jass! Although, uh.. my name's Tanjirou. Tanjirou Kamado."

Eli waved him off dismissively, "Totally, whatever you say, Tabasco. Also, call me Hugh. No formalities needed!"

He clicked his tongue, pointing finger guns at a tense Tanjirou. Shortly after, Sōta whacked him on the head, "Hugh, stop messing around with this poor boy! Don't make me beat your ass!"

He then turned towards the two of you, bowing at a direct 90° angle, "Please forgive Hugh! He's a dumbass and doesn't know basic manners nor social cues!"

You snorted into your fist, "Already know that, get with the memo, random boy."

Eli glared at you, "I swear to god, if you open up your big mouth one more time I'll— ACK!!" Sōta smacked him on the head once more, an irk mark appearing on his own forehead, "WHY ARE YOU SO RUDE?!"

Tanjirou waved his hands out dismissively, "Don't worry! It's okay, really! A friend of (Y/N)'s is a friend of mine!" You chimed in, "Yeah, it's all good. El- ahem, Hugh, can be extremely annoying. After enough time of hanging out with him, you get used to it."

Eli lunged for you, yanking you by your hair, "IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS, AND YOU'RE ALREADY PULLING THIS SHIT AGAIN?! YOU'RE KIDDING, RIGHT?!"

You yelled in alarm, trying to pry him off of you, "ACK! YOU'RE LIKE A PEST! GET OFF OF ME, YOU'LL GIVE ME COOTIES, YOU MORON!"

Tanjirou and Sōta briefly stood there, swallowed in pure shock by both of your behavior. They then both approached the two of you, prying you each off of each other.

Tanjirou furrowed his brows, "(Y/N), don't be rude! You can't go around and call your friends morons!" Meanwhile, Sōta was scolding Eli - very loudly too, "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! FINAL SELECTION HASN'T EVEN STARTED, AND YOU'RE ALREADY TRYING TO KILL SOMEONE? TOMOE-SAN WILL KICK YOUR SORRY ASS, ONCE I TELL HER ABOUT THIS!"

Eli's face immediately paled, "Wait—! Don't tell Tomoe-san! Please! She'll make me train even more, once we get back! I'm sorry! I'll never do it again, swear!" Sōta glared at him, sighing through his nose, "That's what I thought."