Prologue Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

Grim walked around a bit, taking in his surroundings, but when he turned his head, he came in contact with a spider web. "Puwah! I got a spider web in my face...Peh! Peh!"

"I got you." Yuki softly said as she picked Grim up to wipe off the spider web off his face.

"Aren't the tables and chairs on the small side? Are they for kids?" Ace said as he started counting them. "One, two... There's seven! So many!"

"This was probably a lively home when Dwarfs' Mine flourished." Deuce said.

"I doubt that there is any chance that the magic crystals would still be here." Yuri said, pulling the pick-axe off the table. "This place has been so dirty for years."

"Staying here is pointless. After all, magic crystals are found inside coal." Ace said as he headed out the door. "For now, let's go check it out."

"For once, that brain of yours is getting some good ideas." Yuri said as she walked out the door with Kaen on her shoulder. "I'm impressed."

"You know..." Ace growled, but soon stopped and let out a sigh. "You're lucky that I don't hit girls."

"Good. Cause I can hit back harder." Yuri said, waving the pick-axe.

Ace and Deuce blinked in concern and looked at Yuki with Grim in her arms again and Shimo on her shoulder. "She's kidding, right?" Ace asked her.

"...I really wish I would say no..." Yuki replied calmly and walked out. "But it's best not to be on her bad side if that happens."

'What does she do to the ones that do!?' the two shouted in their heads in fear. They both gulped nervously before following the twins.

>.~.Dwarfs' Mine - Main Entrance.~.<

They headed to where the Dwarfs' Mine was located, so that they could find magic crystals

They headed to where the Dwarfs' Mine was located, so that they could find magic crystals. From the looks of it, it looks more like a cave than it is a mine, judging how everything was covered in moss from top to bottom; the roots of the trees that were growing above, the boulders, and vines hanging above nearly covered up the entrance way. Mine tracks were still noticeable on the ground, though they were a bit rusted during the years.

"W-we're gonna go in that pitch black cave!?" Grim stuttered in fear.

"I-it l-l-looks sca-a-ary i-inside that the outs-side..." Yuki stuttered more than Grim as she was shaking nervously.

"The two of you scared? Lame." Ace teased them, only to get punched in the arm by Yuri. "OW!"

"Don't make fun of them." Yuri said as she held out a mine lamp that she picked up from the ground. "Kaen."

"Kon!" Kaen let out a yip and let out a puff of fire, lighting up the lamp.

"Thank you." Yuri said, giving the red-brown fox a pat on his head. "Now that we have some light, we won't get lost."