𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐁𝐨𝐨 𝐁𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐬

"I can't." Kylie tries to apply an eyeliner on her lids, but unsuccessful.

Me and Mel are preparing her for her first date, and the untalented makeup artist I am, I needed help.

Mel is my best friend since forever, and I don't even know what would I be without her.

Oh, wait a second! I know!

I would be under the bridge because there's no way I could go through highschool without her.

Probably sharing molded bread with a homeless man, my only friend.

Because I have social fever.

Khm, never mind. I'm pathetic.

Also, my name is Sage Parker and I hate highschool people.

Separation into geeks, freaks, emos, jocks and plastics?? Boy, I'll pass.

I would rather just call it a day with a can of Ben&Jerry's.

"C'mon, I'll help you." Mel takes the tube and with her master hands manages to apply the dark ink.

"Why does she need makeup, anyways?" I ask confused. Kylie got mom's genes with dark curly hair and dark brown eyes, full lips naturally red, buttoned nose and diamond shaped face.

Me, on the other side, got dad's genes; light brown hair, caramel eyes and freckled cheeks and nose.

I'm not ugly, I guess, I just never used makeup.

Why? Too much effort and I'm untalented.

"She's going out with baseballer, they have high standards." Mel says in 'duh' tone and I get kinda annoyed.

If the guy is right he'll look at her personality, not caked face.

Also, why is she going out with a guy like that, anyways? She's only fifthteen.

When I was fifthteen, 2 years ago, I wore Star Wars T-shirt and rimmed glasses.

Also, played with legos, I would now too, but mom gave them to neighbour's son.

I'll never forget that.

...

Maybe I'm overreacting, but those bricks were more than piece of plastic!

"Okay, I think that's enough." Kylie moved Mel's hand away gently and stands up to get another sight of her in the mirror.

"I think the top is too much." I say scrunching my face and fixing my pose while siting on Mel's bed. They both look at me like they saw a ghost.

"What? It's red that affects my sight and her belly button is totally revealed." I say.

I'm not overprotective, I swear. Except the time when a boy tried to give her a braided bracelet, I slapped his hand away.

...

Okay, maybe I am.

But, she was 10! And his act was way too much romantic.

"Don't listen to her, you look beautiful. Randy is going to be swept off his feet!" Mel claps her hands and motions Kylie to give her a spin. Mel's face expression says everything.

Just like mine. Screaming way too much.

Kylie's phone goes off and she shrieks, "He's here!"

"Okay, okay! Calm down and act cool." Mel says.

Kylie takes few deep breathes and takes her purse.

Ugh, purses, I hate those stuff.

Ma'am, you ever heard of POCKETS??