Welcome to Hell's Kitchen

Start from the beginning

"Shit!" She shouted as the water burnt a little of her hand.

After a few seconds of cooling her hand down and more swearing, Lyssa finally sipped her coffee with a pleasant smirk seeing she got over the burnt hand. A little while later, while making sure she had everything, Lyssa took one last look around the small place she called home. Like that she grabbed her suitcase and purse with all the things she needed, without second-guessing that this was a huge mistake she walked out into the cold.

{Time Skip After her long flight}

-

"Attention ladies and gentlemen we have landed in New York. Please make sure to stay seated till the pilot turns off the seatbelt light. Thank you for flying Air North. Please come back to fly with us again." The Flight Attendant said with their normally cheery voice before shutting off the intercom.

Lyssa watched as the plane drove into one of the airplane ports. Even though half the plane wasn't full she still disliked being around so many people; she was more of an introvert when it came to being around a lot of people. She had her music playing in one ear, while the other listened to know when they would be able to un board people out of the aircraft. Seeing it was almost seven at night a lot of the people on board were just hungry wanted to get home. Lyssa let out a small, tired sigh; the whole flight was tiring and stressful, when they were halfway to New York some guy had sat down in the seat next to her, causing her to deal with him for nearly the last of the ride. He eventually got up to go back to his seat, but still caused Lyssa to lean away from him.

Finally, after a few more words from the pilot, everyone was good to leave; Lyssa waited till nearly everyone in her cabin left before she got up and grabbed her overhead baggage. On her way out, she thanked the pilot and flight attendant quietly on her way to the door of the plane, Both Pilot and flight attendant smiled nicely at her.

It didn't take long for Lyssa to reach the other side of the airport to get the last of her baggage. Once she had her things; Lyssa pulled out her phone and gave her brother a quick 'I'm here, over at the baggage claim. Don't be do long; I'm exhausted Der." Hitting send, with a silent sigh of relief; Lyssa turned around the airport noticing a black SUV pull up, with a frown she saw as her brother Derek got out of the passenger side with a firm look on his face.

Once he got out of the car, he scanned his eyes around seeing her; and with a small smile forming on his face, he started to walk over to Lyssa. When he got closer, she noticed how much he's changed over the years she last saw him. He defiantly had changed, with more muscles and a little sterner feature around his face. Derek came up and gave her a bone-crushing hug laughing as he held her close in the hug.

"My god Lyss, you've lost some weight. I will be fixing that. I learned this new recipe for meatloaf, you got to try it!" Derek said as he released her from their hug.

Lyssa smiled, but still felt odd about who her brother drove with, her eyes went behind her brother to check to make sure whoever was in the car wasn't watching them. Derek sighed as he saw Lyssa's face expression in a frown trying to figure out about this new sight before her.

"Who came with you? Is that someone you work with, Der. You know I don't like being around new people." Lyssa spoke lowly as she shuffled her feet. With all the new things her anxiety started to act up.

Derek put a comforting hand on his sister's shoulder. When they were younger when he did that and spoke calmly to her it eased the majority of her anxiety.

"Hey, Lyss. It's okay. Yea he's a friend from my other job; we were in the middle of doing something for our boss. But hey I couldn't leave you out here for some cab driver to take you to our place." He chuckled a little. "Don't worry, he knows about your new people issue; he doesn't talk much either, so you'll be good. We should be heading home anyways. It's getting late and I know you are tired." Derek finished his sentence as he went over and picked up her luggage while holding her other hand leading her to the SUV.

Derek put the bags into the trunk first before he opened the back door for Lyssa to get into. She cautiously got into the backseat keeping her eyes on the guy who was sitting at the steering wheel, he wasn't bad looking but she was more cautious of meeting someone new. Seeing that she got into the car alright, Derek shut the door and walked over to the passenger side, getting in quick. With a smile, he turns to look at his friend and gives him a thumbs up to start driving to his place. Turning around he looks at Lyssa with a childish smile that met his eyes.

"You ready to live with me in our amazing house?" He spoke with a little giddy in his tone.

And for the first time since she left Canada. She felt a smile that was genuine come onto her face seeing her brother filled with all the excitement.

"I sure am. Der. I can't wait." Lyssa spoke softly as she turned her head to look out the window, while they drove downtown of hell's kitchen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*A/N: OH MY GOD GUYS! This was so much fun to work on; this is a prologue so as soon as I can be working on the next chapter, I am really excited to see where this goes 😊 Anyways enjoy this and hopefully I will write more :D*

P.S: If you liked this it would be a big help for you to Vote and Comment if you really enjoyed this 😊

S: If you liked this it would be a big help for you to Vote and Comment if you really enjoyed this 😊