Needing a good Lawyer

*A/N: Hey guys! So this is chapter1/2 I really noticed a lot of people liked my first part; so I got the courage to write this little bit. All though I may not be fully going off of the show, you may see a little bit of the script in here too. Anyways enjoy this chapter :D*

-

-

-

Lyssa's P.O.V

It's been about six months since she moved to hell's kitchen. Everything was new to her, people, finding work. The worst part of all was trying to find friends in a new place; the first few months went alright, but then when she finally found herself somewhat settled into her brother's house were struggling to get out of her comfort zone began.

"I told you Lyss, all you need to do, is to start opening up nights I can't work, especially with how low staffed I am at the moment." Derek pleaded while they were sitting down at breakfast one morning.

Lyssa let out a defeated sigh; for weeks he'd offer her to work a shift a week at his bar. But every time he would begin to bring it up; she would already have 'no' on her lips.

"Fine. But only one night; You know how I am around people. I barely have a friend here." She paused for a second as she saw her brother's raised eyebrow. "Karen doesn't count. You introduced me to her, before my second month here. Don't get me wrong she's a great friend. But you've been acting odd lately. Even more than usual." Lyssa finished while giving Derek a stern look.

Derek chuckled as he ran his hands through his short brown hair. Unlike Lyssa, he was born with both his parent's good features. His fit body was well kept, along with his facial features. Lyssa could tell his other 'job' has been really taken a toll on him. The first few nights after she moved in with him; she would hear him arriving late in the night, grumbling around as would make his way past her room to his.

"Don't worry about its sis, I'm great! Getting a promotion and boss is thinking of letting me in on deeper jobs." Derek said as he drummed his fingers against the table excitedly.

Frowning as seeing some of the work her brother did in the daytime with his bar, didn't lead up to how he was able to keep afloat in a city like this. Crossing her arms over her chest, Lyssa gave her brother what she thought was a daring stare; if he didn't start telling the truth about his other job, she was not afraid to go and kick his ass.

"Oh? What kind of deeper jobs- "She was cut off by Derek's phone ringing. With a sigh, she saw as Derek held a finger up while clicking the answer button. Not even seconds later he hung up quickly grabbing his things and rushing out the door.

"Bye to you to." She mutters underneath her breath as she hears her bother's car squeal down the street and out of earshot. With a sigh; she gets up from the table cleaning up what needed to after their somewhat normal breakfast. After everything was cleaned up. She grabbed the keys to the other car; walked out of the house and got into the car.

The drive to the bar wasn't that difficult, more so the traffic and people trying to be dumbasses on a Thursday morning. Once she parked the car; Lyssa grabbed the leys and walked up to where the bar door was. Unlocking the building; she got inside, her phone rang from her bag. Struggling not to drop her bag; she dug into the purse and pulled out her phone. With a quick glance seeing the caller ID Lyssa quickly answered it.

"Karen? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Lyssa's shaky voice asked as her friend Karen Paige was crying on the other end of the phone. Barely an audible word could be heard. Trying again Lyssa spoke in a softer tone. "Karen... What's going on."

"Someone murdered my boss Lyss! They think it's me! Can you please come down to the police department and be ready; I need a lawyer to... I have no idea where this is going to go." Her voice was near the brink of another round of tears. "Come quick. Please." Was the last thing Lyssa heard from her friend before the other end went dead.