Remembrance IV

This is a very long chapter, so get ready!

It's been a couple days since you recovered from the Honkai infection on your body. Your days went like usual except that you have to leave from your home eventually. You're currently inside your room thinking about something.

Y/N: *sighs* "I have to leave but how do I tell them? Actually, I don't want to leave them but I don't really have another choice."

You walk to the window then you look outside. The street is full of people doing their own activity, you see a lovely couple walking in the beautiful park out there.

Y/N: "It would be nice if I can do that with her. Maybe I'll ask her to go out today."

You think about it for a bit.

Y/N: "She'd like that right? But what if she don't?" *sighs* "Why am I nervous anyway? We always go out together on every occasion like work, training, Schicksal stuffs and..."

You finally realized that you were never really going out with her, like a date.

Y/N: "Oh no, this is surprisingly nerve-wracking."

You took a deep breath to calm yourself down.

Y/N: "Okay, I will ask her out today. I promise." (I hope everything goes well.)

You start to prepare yourself before asking her out. You start with taking a bath, wearing good clothing, perfume, etc. You took a last look on yourself on the mirror before you go.

Y/N: "Looking sharp."

You took one last deep breath to steel yourself.

Y/N: (What if she doesn't see me that way?) "Forget about that, just be a gentleman and go for it."

You finally went on your way to Kallen's place with a bit of nervous feeling. After minutes of walking, you now have arrived just in front of her door. You made sure that you knock the door with the perfect power, not too hard and not too weak. You want everything to be perfect, at least that was what on your mind. You wait for her but she isn't showing up.

Y/N: "Weird, she should be home today. Besides, she always tells me first before going somewhere."

You knocked the door again. This time you heard a weak answer from inside.

Kallen: "C-coming!"

Y/N: (She sounds unwell.) "Wait Kallen, it's me Y/N! Is it okay if I go inside?"

Kallen: "Oh it's you. Yes Y/N, you can *coughs* c-come inside."

Y/N: (Uhh.. that sounded weird.)

You opened the door slowly to find her curled up in a blanket.

Kallen: *coughs* "Wow Y/N, you look nice."

Y/N: *smiles* "Thanks, but you don't look well Kallen."

You approached her slowly as you looked at her with a worried face.

Kallen: "I might've caught a cold, hehe."

Y/N: "Oh Kallen, since when do you feel like this?"

You sat beside her on the sofa.

Kallen: "Past few days?"

Y/N: "Few days? Why didn't you tell me?"

Kallen: "I thought it would get better if I just sleep and rest, but seems like it's not working."

Y/N: *sighs* "You know you should've told me, or Otto."

She smiled sheepishly when she answers.

Kallen: "Sorry, hehe."