1 | our saviors, our saints

Start from the beginning

"At least let me say goodbye," he pleaded mournfully. If this was the last he would be able to touch her, graze her cheek, tuck her hair, kiss her face, he would tell her how much he truly loved her.

The dwarfs knew how deeply Snow White loved the prince, and seeing how reciprocated that love was, they agreed. They carefully lifted the cover off the glass coffin, allowing the slight breeze of the forest wind to brush against her fair cheeks. Charming slowly lowered himself to his knees and leaned over her delicate form. With the utmost care, he leaned over and lightly brushed his desperate lips against hers.

Magic burst from their touch and traveled throughout the land. Kingdoms away, every villager, every royal, every creature felt the atmosphere shift as they were struck with intense feelings of pure goodness and love. It was the kind of magic that you felt deep In your soul. It poured out of each beings like water traveling over the ledge and down the fall.

Snow White gasped, taking her first breath since eating that damn apple, and opened her eyes to see the love of life gazing down at her with such devotion and awe. "You," she whispered as she raised her hand to cup his cheek. He leaned into her soft touch immediately, like a gravitational force. "You found me."

"Did you ever doubt I would?" He asked with his dashing smile that brought Snow to her knees. She sat up and he helped her out of the glass case.

"Truthfully? The glass coffin gave me a pause," she replied with a hint of humor. Charming shook his head and lightly chuckled, used to her attitude. It was one of the things he loved about her.

"You never have to worry. I will always find you," he vowed to her. The prince and the princess lovingly gazed into each other's eyes, reunited once more and ready to claim their happily ever after.

Snow's lips cracked a smile. "Do you promise?"

"I do." The grin hadn't left Charming's face since Snow had opened her beautiful eyes once more. Standing at the alter before his entire kingdom, he couldn't be happier. Truly this was the most blessed day. He was marring Snow White.

"And do you, Snow White, promise to take this man to be your husband and love him for all eternity?" The bishop asked.

"I do," she vowed, clutching Charming's hands in hers. She would not be separated from him again, unable to stop touching him since her palm grazed his cheek. After everything they had gone through together, they were reunited and happy. It was the most wondrous miracle.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." The ballroom erupted in cheers and applause. Even Grumpy clapped after a nudge from his brother Doc. The couple leaned in for their first kiss united as one in law and heart.

Suddenly, the ballroom doors were blasted open. People gasped at the interruption, shock quickly transforming to fear as the last person they ever expected to come to the wedding strutted down the aisle, the click of her heels echoing. The Evil Queen.

"Sorry, I'm late," she smirked. Everyone but Snow and Charming cowered in fear at her presence. The dark magic surrounding her suffocated the room. Where there was once life and love was now anger and evil. Guards rushed toward her, their shields and swords raised, but she threw them back easily with her magic.

"It's the queen! Run!" Sleepy shouted, quaking in fear like everyone else in the room.

Snow reached over Charming's waist and grabbed his sword from his baldric, holding it before them as the Evil Queen inched closer. "She's not a queen anymore. She's nothing more than an evil witch!"

"No." Charming grabbed her wrist and lowered the sword. "Don't stoop to her level. There's no need." And there was no need. They had won. They had beat the curse. "You're wasting your time. You've already lost. And I will not let you ruin this wedding."