but they soon stopped after mr. tibbles got annihilated by fulton's slap shot. they called it a day after and began to head to the locker rooms, adam sending straight glared at luis's head as he spoke to both y/n and julie.

"i'm guessing you don't like him very much." adam turned his gaze to guy, charlie and fulton, "your guess is correct." he replied returning his gaze to the short h/c beauty who was being weird with connie as per usual. "he's no good for her."

"what scared of the new competition?" charlie teased his friend, who rolled his eyes and let out a noise of distaste, "competition? i don't like her like that but she can definitely do better than that guy. come on he's a total loser."

"dude, you so like her." fulton denied shaking his head at the shorter male who continued to deny the accusations, "do not! she's my best friend, i know what's good for her and that guy isn't, definitely not, look at him, he screams bad news." adam disagreed throwing a hand up to motion to the male.

"nah, he's super nice." they turned to see connie, who seemed the most amused out of all the boys at adam's obvious jealousy towards the newcomer, "come on, adam, i see the way you look at each other. friends don't look at friends that way. plus, you two look like a couple all the time! might as well be a couple."

the other boys agreed with connie while adam stood silently before opening the door to the locker room, "nope, we're just friends." they all let out a sigh having thought they actually got to him for a moment but didn't say anything else as he walked over to his locker.

to his luck, luis was only 3 lockers away from him, "hey man, i'm luis." he held out his hand to adam, who forced himself to shake it, "i'm adam." he replied as he began to take his jersey off. "hey can i ask you something?"

adam looked at luis in confusion but nodded his head in response, "are you dating, y/n?" adam stopped breathing for a quick second but quickly regained his composure.

does luis like her? why was he asking that? did i like her? what is she to me? does she even like me?

"yeah, she's my girlfriend." adam lied but luis seemingly believed him as he let out a slightly disappointed sound, "oh.. alright, you're a lucky guy." adam cringed slightly knowing luis did in fact like his girl, well y/n.

"yeah, sorry dude. connie's also taken by guy." luis nodded his head but didn't reply, adam quickly finished changing and grabbed his bag, "later." he quickly walked out of the locker room and crashed into y/n, "oh shit, sorry."

she smiled innocently at him, his heart beat speed up just by the innocent look on her face. "it's okay, beautiful." he threw an arm over her shoulder like he usually did as they both walked out of the stadium. "do you like the new recruits?" she asked after a moment of comfortable silence.

"yeah, they're alright... but ugh can i tell you something? you can't get mad at me though." he scratched the back of his neck nervously while she laughed, "yeah, sure."

"luis asked if we were dating." she made an 'oh' sound while tilting her head to the side, "he asked me that too but i didn't really answer him, I didn't know what to say..." he looked at her in slightly confusion, "we're friends..?"

she looked deeply into his blue eyes, "are we.. just that?" they both stopped in their tracks, he couldn't believe she'd asked that, what else were they? were they something else? was the strange feeling he felt every time she was near him,.. love?"

"i-i told luis yes." his voice soft but firm, she stood still for a moment before realizing what he'd said, "what? why would you-." he cut her off with a shake of the head, "because i'm pretty sure he likes you and you can do so much better than him."

y/n rubbed her temple gently, "adam, i don't even know what i want.. how do you?" he let out a breath, "because you're my sweet, beautiful and caring best friend, who deserves the whole world and i know guys like him! they are assholes who will cheat on you and break your heart. plus, he won't give you the world okay, but i will."

they stood in silence both processing what he'd just said in his rant, their hands holding onto each other's tightly, "i promise, i will give you the world."

her heart slipped a beat as he stared down into her eyes, "adam.. you already gave it to me." she whispered softly before leaning up and pressing her lips onto his, his eyes widened but he quickly collected himself long enough to kiss her back.

"be my boy, banks?" he grinned like an idiot at her question while he leaned his head onto her forehead, "always, princess, always." a strangled screech came from beside them, the pair snapped their heads around to see the other ducks.

"finally!" connie screamed aggressively before being pulled back down by guy, "come on, banksy, let's run before they start the interrogation." the pair quickly ran away, hands still interlocked, though they weren't quick enough as the ducks tailed after them. "come back, i need details!"

—/—/—/—/—/—/—/—