1) Doors

This one seems a silly place to start but it is honestly the bane of my existence.

In my house, we make a lot of noise. My family have never heard of the amazing invention called "The Indoor Voice". They scream at each other. All. The. Time.

And that, I think, is why I have, over time, developed a compulsive need to shut doors.

Even if all is silent in the house, the door to the room I'm in must be closed. If it isn't I get gradually more irritated.

If I had a penny for every time I've screamed at one of my family members to shut my bedroom door when they've come in to bug me about something or other, well.... I'd have a lot of pennies. (Sorry, not exactly sure where I was going with that)

The last time I had a boyfriend over he left the room and I literally said "Leave the door open again and I will cut you." When he returned. He seemed to find it funny but I was only half joking.

This pet hate also encompasses squeaky doors that swing open of their own accord. And that annoying thing where you leave the window open on a windy day and the door keeps slamming repeatedly. That is the worst!

Well, I'm going to go and sit around annoyed for a little while. See you in the next update!