66. 'I'm better when I'm with you.'

Just a short one.. im still not over Max winning the championship I don't care how long ago it was...

***************************************************
"Y/n, they're letting the cars through." Jos said to you as your eyes were glued to the small monitor showing you what was happening out on track.
Your heart was pounding, your palms were sweating and all you need now is for Max to drive his heart out.

This race hasn't really gone Max's way, after starting on softs you felt like he was doomed from the start. Lewis not giving the place back and ultimately lewis leading nearly every single lap of this race, you tried not to let your hope fade away.

Jos however walked away around lap 20, frustrated was an understatement as he couldn't bare to watch his son fall at the last hurdle, but as soon as that safety car came out. So did he.

There was a certain buzz around the garage, everyone knowing what could happen but no one saying it. You saw the countdown to when the safety car was ending and you could see how eager Max was to get going.

'Come on Max.' You muttered to yourself, hands on your face as you couldn't bare to watch but couldn't afford to miss this.

3...
2...
1...

"And Verstappen sets after Hamilton, is it gonna be a first world championship for Verstappen? Is it gonna be an 8th world championship for Lewis Hamilton? Where can Verstappen try and get past Hamilton?"

You see Max coming up to turn 5 and you and Jos quickly glance at each other as you both think the same thing.
He's gone too early.
Lewis is faster on the straights.
Max has fresher tyres.
The adrenaline is rushing through you as you watch Max take the lunge and gets in front of Lewis. Cheers can be heard all around the garage as everyone intently watches the display, Lewis trying to take back the position as Max defends.

Getting closer and closer to the chequered flag you hold out hope that nothing ruins this lap for Max.

"OH MY LORD MAX" You hear GP shout. Everyone's hugging each other, shouting and yelling as Max has finally got a win for Red Bull.

Jos pulls you in for a hug before people start jumping on him.

You can't help but cry knowing how much this means to Max, he's done it. World Champion. Everything he's ever done in motorsport has been for this very moment. Your heart could burst.

It wasn't long until you joined the team waiting for Max to come over and jump into the crowd of engineers. You managed to squeeze through and get to the front, eagerly waiting to see him run over.

Max worked his way through the team, as soon as he saw you he mad a B line, running into your arms before pulling away to kiss you.

"I'm so proud of you!!!" You sobbed, before hugging him once again.

"I love you so much!" Max cried before being pulled up the line by more of his engineers.

The podium wasn't long after, and the party wasn't long after that. You looked at Max in adoration at that party. You loved seeing him so happy, surrounded by people he loves, the team he loves and ultimately having a good time.
You hardly got a moment with Max at the party but that didn't bother you. You made general chit chat with several people you usually see on a race weekend. Keeping yourself to yourself while taking a few photos to savour this day.

You ended up speaking to Geri before feeling arms snake around your waist and a kiss to your cheek. Geri excused herself and you were left with the World Champion himself.

"I've missed you." He says while you turn around and out your arms around his neck.

"You're having a good time though, hm?" You asked.

"The best." He said, leaning his forehead on yours. Your heart still hasn't recovered, it feels as though it'll burst with pride at any moment. But you can tell him that later.

"Let's leave." He muttered into your ear as you leant back to give him a confused look. He nodded and gestured toward the exit.

"Leave? Your own party?" You questioned.

"Hey, I'll win another one, I'll get another championship party." He said as you laughed, but you knew a part of him wasn't joking.

You both left the party, sneaking out and back to the hotel.

You took a moment to lay with each other, just the two of you being left with the reality that Max has just achieved his life long goal.

"I'm so proud of you." You whisper as your hand plays with his hair. He has a hand on your waist as he gently pulls you closer.

"This is all for you, you know." Max whispered back as you question him once again.

"When I was on the podium today, all I could think about was you. You were the only person I looked for in the crowd below me. But overall, you're the only person that's continuously believed in me from the start. This is all I've ever wanted."

"And now you've done it baby." You say, unable to fight the smile that creeps into your lips.

"No, not the Championship.. well yes the championship... but you. This. Us. This is all I've ever wanted. You keep me sane and grounded, and put up with me after a bad race and, well, I'm rambling I know. But you make me so incredibly happy Y/n. I'm better when I'm with you, everything I ever do is all for you."

"I love you, with or without a title you're always number one to me."

"Well, with. I've got it now." Max joked as you hit his back.

"This is the start of everything baby. And all I ever need is you."