"Hi, nice to meet you"

After I told miss doll and the police lady my entire story, they both looked like they were going to cry. Miss doll let out a shaky breath before telling me the scariest thing I never hoped for. “We have to call your dad” I snapped my head up. “No, no, no. there’s no need for that. I’ll tell him. It’ll be better that way.” She furrowed her eyebrows. “Miss Irving, it’s the law” I knew that my dad would misinterpret the situation. “Please. My father is emotionally unstable. It’ll be better from me” I calmly stated.

        “Krystal, it’s not just about the bathroom situation.” I was confused “then what else is there?” she had a face that looked no lie just like this: ._. “When you were crawling on the floor towards me, we noticed something different that worries us” I pulled the clueless card “like what?” I asked knowing exactly what it was. “There was a few cuts on your arms, legs, and stomach… do you harm yourself Krystal?” I smiled in lying disbelief. “Are you serious? If you asked anyone at this school I’m one of the happiest person alive.” She seemed defeated. “It was just a question. But can you explain them?” “Yeah I’m clumsy, I break glass and when I pick it up the pieces cut me. And the neighborhood cat doesn’t enjoy my presence.” Next to me, Tom stifled a laugh. “Well alright, I guess you can tell your father himself,”

        She let us go but made sure Tom took me all the way to my front door step and tell my father to his face what happened and take me to and from school from now on. We left the office right as the dismissal bell rang. Tom held my arm all the way onto the bus. On the way there, I hear people next to me whispering and people who think they are my friends ask me if I’m okay. Tom just pushed me past them and onto the bus and all the way to the back.

        I tried my hardest to not cry but I couldn’t help it. A single tear streamed down my pale cheek. Tom noticed it and wiped it off. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and brought me closer to him. I felt warm, safe, and nice. I have read lots of things about this feeling but I thought it was just a book thing but I realized it was real, and to be honest it’s amazing. The bus got to our stop and that feeling moment had to stop.

        Once we got off, Tom started to walk the way I normally walk. I ran in front of him. “You know you don’t have to come, right?” “Yeah I know, but I’m not letting you go alone. Melanie might have followed us to taunt you even more. You heard miss doll Melanie is the one who reported the incident. She’s going to use that against you. She’s a bitch. You can’t let her do this to you. I’m not going to let it happen either, it’s bad enough of what she has done already, okay? I can’t let you get hurt anymore.”

         My heart shattered. It was so loud I think he heard it. “Krystal, I saw the cuts in biology class and the bruises in English. Please tell me they aren’t what I think you are.” I looked down at my combat boots. I took a leap of confidence. “I wish I could, but I can’t lie to you anymore.” I looked up at him. “You want to tell me why?” “You’ll find out why soon… ”

        We walked all the way to my house in silence. I walked up the driveway, my dad was home. I unlocked the door and stood in the doorway. My dad was fortunately sober again.

“dad?”

“yeah?”

“I need to talk to you”

“ okay, come inside, you’re cooling th whole neighborhood.”

“dad, there’s someone with me…”

“uh, why?”

“he’s here to make sure I tell you”

“well, let him in”  

        I turned around and smiled at Tom. He walked in and shook my dad’s hand. “Hi, nice to meet you. I’m Tom, Krystal’s friend.” “Hi, I’m John, Krystal’s father.” I pulled up two chairs, for Tom and I. “Whoa, what’s happened? Who died?” he put his hands up in surrender. “No one died, dad. Um… something happened to me… today.”

“Like what?”

“Um, this girl, uh, she uh, she had about 6 jocks, um, trap me in the girl’s bathroom, and um they ripped my clothes off and they did sexual acts on me and uh they almost raped me until security came in…”