39| Epilogue

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Epilogue

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 39: Epilogue (Emilia's POV)

Two years later...

A loud buzzer echoed throughout the stadium while the crowd on our side of the stadium erupted in loud cheers and screams. 

I shot up to my feet, cheering as loud as I could while Nathan jumped up and down in front of me. He broke for a sprint down to the field but I caught him before he reached the stairs. "Nathan," I laughed, pulling him back and picking him up. He stared at me, the lollipop jutting out of his cheek. "Where are you running off to? I thought we told you, no running in the crowd." 

"But I want to see Uncle Adam," he pouted. 

I set him down carefully. He's heavier now that he's three years old. "I'll take you. Come on." I wiggled my fingers. He grabbed my hand tightly and I slowly walked down the bleachers while he took one big step at a time. We reached downstairs right behind the barrier and I turned around, taking him with me into the lounge room inside. 

"No! No! Uncle Adam!" he whined, refusing to move. 

I sighed and stopped, turning around and kneeling on the floor in front of him. "Uncle Adam and all his friends are about to come in here soon, you know? I thought you'd want to see him alone. Everybody out there wants to see Uncle Adam but Uncle Adam will come here to see only you. Plus, he's all stinky and sweaty. Let me get you some M&M's in the meantime. Which one do you want, look?" I pulled him towards the vending machine, fishing some money out of my purse. 

"That one!" He gasped and pointed eagerly at the packet of chocolate ones. 

They slowly fell out and I reached down, taking them out and holding them out for him. He jumped to grab them but I pulled them away quickly, receiving a glare. His brows furrowed and he tipped his chin down, looking at me with such anger. He was so adorable. 

"What do you say?" 

"Oh." He relaxed. "Thank you," he giggled. 

I handed it to him, ruffling his hair. As the team members started pouring in, I held him back until Adam walked in with his helmet under his arm. 

"Uncle Adam!" Nathan screamed at the top of his lungs, throwing the M&M's to the floor. 

I stared at the scattered colorful chocolates. "Well, there goes that," I mumbled to myself while Nathan ran over. 

Adam set his helmet down and scooped Nathan up. "Hey," he gasped in excitement, giving Nathan a huge kiss on the cheek. "How'd you like the game, Nate?" 

"You were so cool! But I- I don't- I didn't know who was you," Nathan replied, still stumbling over his words like any three-year-old would. 

"That's okay. We all look the same out there," Adam laughed, setting him down and ruffling his hair like I did before walking over to me, Nathan at his side. "Hey," he smirked at me.