Transmission 1 (May 22, 1996)

"Day 1 of creating the Artificial Intelligence that is currently code named Dovahcom. Ever since my eldest son was in kindergarten, a lot of kids would make fun of him because of some of his habits and what he's interested in. When the bullying started, it was mostly name calling and a few shoves every now and then. But as time went on, the bullying got worse and worse. Now usually in that kind of situation, any child would go to their friends for support, right? But here's the thing; my boy doesn't have any friends, ever. I guess you can say he's an outcast, and I want him to have at least one friend in his life, hence why I'm creating this little guy. I've asked everyone in the city to donate any old parts of appliances that they no longer need that are still functioning and give my son something that he always wants in his life, that something being a friend, someone who will listen to everything he has to say. But of course, like everything else in life, it'll take time before I can actually show Dovahcom to him. I'm estimating that it'll take a year or two before I can give the little guy to my son. But hey, all I know is that no matter how long it takes for me to finish Dovahcom, he'll definitely be there to put a smile on my son's face. Once I finish building him; which I'm halfway complete of doing that, I'll test out his features, see if he turns on, you know, that kind of stuff. I can't wait to see the smile on my son's face when he meets him."