Prology

[Vally of Thorns]
Today was like any other I was going around with Silver and Sebek doing our daily rounds like we used to before. It has been five years now since all four of us have studied together under the roof of Disomnia. Ahh, I miss those days. Silver has also grown up more as well as Sebek. Really I'm proud of all of them Malleus has also grown up so fast.

"Oh no, he has that look"
"What are you talking about silver?"
"You know when he's thinking back at the good old day's look"

Ah yes, silver has also gotten braver as well when talking about me.

"Yes, I was but time to go meet Malleus before we continue on our way!"
"General Lilia, may I ask you a question?"
"Yes go ahead Sebek and I thought I told you to drop the general bit?"
"Apologies General"
"Never mind what's the question?"
"Are the rumors true about a powerful healer sorceress coming to the palace?"
"Yeah is it true?"
"Well why not ask Malleus as it is what we're going over discuss this very moment ~"

They must have been too focused on our conversation to notice we were at Malleuses chambers FuFu~

"Your highness the royal guard is here!"
"Lilia, Silver, Sebek how has your morning been?"
"It has been an amazing morning your highness Malleus!"
"Just fine~"
"I slept in some it's a good start for me."

The four of us walked to Malleuse's private garden and sat down in a tented area where most of our meetings went on as he enjoyed the fresh air in his hometown.

" As the three of you may be wondering about the rumor going around yes there will be a new face in the Emerald place."
"Your highness Malleus, is this a good decision to bring in someone who is a possible threat to you?"
" This sorceress is not going to be of harm to me Sebek. Not only has she worked for the royal family before but she was also handpicked by my grandmother Maleficent who knows this woman personally."
"So she's a fairy too"
"Yes I believe so Silver but we will be able to ask in a few days when she arrives."
"A FEW DAYS!"
Sebek yelled so loud the nearby crows flew off!
"FuFuFuFu!"
"General Lilia this is not a laughing matter we have but a few days to prepare a resting area for a very important guest and future resident of the Emerald Palace where his highness Malleus's welcome is reflected on him!"

[ Y/n Thorn residents]

Today was interesting, to say the least. It started normal like any other day gathering medicines, doing research in the royal library, and pulling the occasional prank on my coworkers. However, today differs from others I and two other magicians were called to the Queen's throne room to discuss a matter about her grandson. Assuming that something has happened to the next heir to the throne I rushed to see what happened thinking he was terribly ill if she summoned two other very capable magicians into the royal palace. Apparently, my worrying was for nothing as she was looking for a strong magician or sorcerer to help guide her grandson through any future hardships.

The two other magicians Lorence and Abaddon soon arrived after me and we all sat down to listen to the queen's demands. She told us she needed an experienced and powerful magician who can guide and teach the wrongs and rights of leading a kingdom. Someone intelligent enough to spot a pho amidst their own. As the queen talked about what she desired I studied the two other magicians. Lorence, any rumors or stories I heard of him were of his good deads and a strong desire to help the innocent and bring word peace as he thinks that would be best for our kingdom. On the other hand, we have Abaddon who is rumored to be an extremely intelligent man who thinks taking over all the land will be the only way to succeed as a kingdom eventually growing into an empire.

After the queen has said her mind she asked us all to say who we think would be the best for such a job. Lorence said he thinks he will be suitable for the job as he is one to be peace full and rational as well balanced with his power. Abaddon spoke as soon as possible saying he is the perfect fit as he has power and knowledge on his side as he is older than Lorence and has experienced more of the cruel aspect of life. Qween Mallifecent looked at me and asked me what I think. I looked at her and told her that perhaps one magician is not enough. She looked at me silently telling me to continue with her eyes. I proceeded to tell her that both the magicians in this room are a great choice if both were to be sent to the Emerald Palace.

She looked like she was considering it when Lorence spoke up saying he would like to change his answer from before. Millicent looked at him and told him to go ahead and speak his mind. Lorence looked at me then at the queen and said that I am also a good choice to work with the prince. Abaddon looked at him with a look of confusion but decided to say nothing. I looked and asked Laurence why he thinks that. He said something confusing along the lines that I seem more mature for a job like this and that I am someone he aspires to be? After our conversation was over maleficent asked everyone to leave and signaled for me to stay.

"Y/n Thorn, I remember the first time we met and how differently you would have reacted to such an opportunity before you."

"Yes your highness, however, that was a long time ago I was a mere human girl trying to get by."

"Yes, and now you're the royal palace healer. I think you need to put your talent to work."

"What do you mean?"

"I believe you have what it takes to be the personal magician who will help my grandson. You after all still have humanity left in you even if you yourself have left the human ways of life. You also were around for a long time giving you the benefit of personal experiences in life many others are yet to have."

"It's an honor your highness, but what about those from today they both seem like fine magicians themselves who are born faeries and not turned into one."

"Is that what has been bothering you? Have you grown to regret your decision of joining us, Y/n Thorn?"

"No that's not what I meant I could never regret your hospitality and care towards me."

"Good, then we have nothing else to discuss of the matter. Do you agree to help my grandson to the prosperity of the kingdom of the valley of thorns?"

When I understood there was no going back I agreed and now I was packing my belongings to move to the Emerald Palace. My thoughts went back to the conversation I had with her. Do I regret joining you? Of course not you were kind enough to heal me even though I was an enemy you still took me in when I was unwanted by my own. Now I want to repay the favor and help this kingdom and its rulers. You gave me the gift of immortality and I intend to use it well.
————————————————————————
Hello to those of you from my other book The Dragons Bride and those of you who are new! Please feel free to let me know what you think and if there is something that could be improved! Hope you in joy and have a nice day/night!

War of LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara