}•{ Not so good memories.

~•} C H A P T E R|12 {•~

Reaching her one bhk apartment, she took out the keys from her bag and sighed heavily being exhausted

Once inside her apartment, she tiredly plopped down on the old sofa in the living room itself.

Suddenly her phone buzzed and releasing an annoyed grunt, she took it out from the bag only to furrow her brows in confusion seeing her father's name on the screen.

The relationship between her and her father wasn't the ideal one, it was a little rocky. They rarely talked and if they do then their conversation was cut down to the bare minimum. She talked with her mother and that too once in a week so the sudden phone call came out as a surprise to her.

Shaking the absurd thoughts from her mind which were going too far now, she pressed the green button and held the phone close to her ear waiting for him to start.

There was sheer silence for a minute until her father decided to speak, "Ishani, you there?"

"Yes,"

"Come back as soon as you can. I want to talk about something very important."

"But--"

"No buts and ifs Ishani. Take the earliest bus you can and come back!" With this, the call went dead.

Running a hand through her face, she groaned in frustration.

She hated going back to the place people called her home.

Her family held a prestigious place in society. Growing up she realized that her family wasn't like her friends where their parents had a compatible relationship. Her family was controlling, orthodox, narcissistic with a male superiority complex in them.

From enrolling her into girls' school to making a fuss about her clothes they did it all!

And once she replied back saying, "It's not my problem that were were staring!", she was slapped hard that time.

That was the incident that shook her to the core. That was the incident when she realized how toxic they were. After that, she tried to obey them without a word.

From dressing the way they told her to apply no-makeup she did it all. But did the staring stop? No, it didn't because the creepy bastards who were staring at her in not so good way were still staring.

All they needed was a girl to stare and didn't care the way she was dressed...

Ishani was fed up with all this and was waiting for the right time to come when she would be free from this toxic environment.

And the right time came when she chose to come to Udaipur for her further studies.

There was a huge fight between her father and her regarding this as Bikaner and Udaipur were not much different from each other. Still, she chose Udaipur because her freedom was here.