}•{ Not so good memories.

Start from the beginning

He threatened to lock her up in the house till he received a good marriage proposal for her but this time she was determined, determined to leave this hell.

Ishani was clever enough to manipulate her grandfather, Ravikant Verma. Ravikant Verma was not much known about the changing world and technology so Ishani convinced her grandfather saying that how she wasn't able to score good marks and now she was not able to find any good college here. She played her master card adding that how nowadays boys needed a wife who was well educated and knew how to live alone.

Ravikant Verma, at last, gave in to her words and stated that she was going to Udaipur and no one should question his decision. Srikant Verma, Ishani's father stayed quiet not questioning his father's decision and finally Ishani got what she craved, freedom from her toxic family.

And then she turned into an Ishani which her family never thought she could be. Bold, clever and not giving a fuck about society were some traits of Ishani's new version.

She worked as a part-time receptionist in the bakery to pay off her bills because her father was now only paying for her studies, not a rupee more because he couldn't afford to change her college from Udaipur to Bikaner and can't make her drop out of it because the boys needed an educated spouse!

But still, with less money and an old apartment, she was happy because she was free!

And then suddenly her father ordered her to come back! How could she not be shocked? It had been a year since she last visited them.

"They can't do much right?" She questioned herself but don't know why her subconscious was warning her today that something bad would happen in this visit.

Packing her things she got ready in simple jeans and top.

She locked her small apartment not before giving a last longing look to it.

It was her haven.

Taking the earliest bus she finally stepped down in Bikaner, the city where she saw dreams with wide open eyes and saw them turning into a nightmare too.

She sighed, her shoulders drooped as she took a taxi towards the place she once considered home.

She knocked on the door and her mother, Kripa Verma opened the door and walked inside without giving her a second glance.

Ishani's heart thumped wildly as she walked inside.

"You are getting married next month." Her father's voice rang inside the house making her freeze in her place.

Did she hear it right?

She blinked her eyes and gazed at them with an angry stare but before she could say a word, her father spoke again, "No ifs and buts. I am not going to pay for your education anymore. It's your choice that you want to live your life like a beggar or get married." with this Srikant Verma left towards his room without even asking a word about her health.

"Kripa take her to the guest room." Ravikant Verma ordered his daughter-in-law who nodded her head.

Her mother took her to the guest room without saying a word and the whole time she was still in shock from what was happening.

She stayed inside the room the whole day and no one dared to call her for having food too. It was almost nighttime when she decided to step out and have a serious discussion.

But indeed her father was serious and that led to another huge conflict between them which ended with her father saying, "I was providing for your education so that you can get a suitable groom but now you are getting one so why should I waste my money on a girl like you!"