Well... If everyone's going there then there should be something more than watching criminals getting beheaded right?

And since the stalls would be empty with everyone coming to watch, I don't really see the problem as why I shouldn't come.

I follow the crowd and as the sun reached its peak I feel as if I'm standing in the desert. Suddenly everyone stops walking, which means we've arrived at the site.

I excuse myself forward in order to see what's going on as I hear shouts and pleads of mercy... But something's off...

As continue to excuse myself through the crowd I hear the shouts and pleads getting louder, but what's weird is... The loud pleading sounds oddly young compared to the loud shouting who I presume to be the one carrying on the execution.

And as I excuse myself for the last time I see it, children in rags even younger than me and sister.

Their hands were hold in planks and their feet in chains, they all look like around 5 to 7 years old at the very list.

Tears welled up at the edges of their eyes as they struggle to try and escape the planks that hold their hands which were now bruised from red to purple from the constant struggling.

"What the fuck?" I muttered.

"Ladies and Gentle Ordelians! These children are the thieves who have been stealing our hard earned labor. How dare they defy our Order... Our culture!"

The children pleaded at everyone, some apologized, some did nothing, but every single one of them cried.

"And as per sacred law written by the first Servant Of Order, Regles Porteur, the one who had become the first elder,"

"May those who steal have their hands be taken! Thus! We shall be cutting the hands of these thieving children!" The man declared.

Wait what!?

I look around and see that none around me seemed to be fazed by this lunacy happening right before them.

The man unsheathes his scimitar and slices off the hands of the boy next to him. The speed and technique he used just then was incredibly quick and efficient. The boy, who had his hands cut off, took a few seconds to realize until the pain finally takes him.

Blood drizzles out of his forearms and his scream gets louder and louder with visible teardrops raining down onto the wooden floor beneath him.

"You are now free of these filthy hands child," he said, holding up the boy's severed hands which were dyed red in blood.

The man passes the boy and moves to the girl next to him. He whips his sword out into the air as to rid the blood of it's blade.

"Oi stop! STOP!!!"

I dash in and thrust my silver broadsword forward. My blade clashes with his, I tighten my grip and parry his out of the way.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!? They're just kids(I'm a kid too though) and you're telling me their hands should be cut off!?" I shouted.

The man fell silent and slowly he step forward. The moment he fell silent I could have sworn I saw his mask twisted into a painful sorrow. The shadow of his tall figure, similar to the guard of who had guided wash over me.

Before I was brave enough to think that well... Somehow my words would at least be able to convince him to stop this lunacy, but now I feel my body trembling as fear crept down my spine.

He stops awfully close to my face and bend his head down to the side of my face.

"The sacred law dictates, those who steal be freed from their hands. However, the law also dictates that those who disrupt said punishment to relieve criminals be whipped a 100 times" He whispered.

"T-that's insane! Who the hell would think those are justifiable punishme-"

"Enough"

A loud and imperative voice boomed from far back behind the organized crowd. As soon as that word escaped his mouth , I feel my voice fade away and my body stagger. I sheathe my sword and so did the man who held the execution.

The boy stopped screaming and I see the wound of his cut off hands healed in an instant. But his hands didn't grew back as I hoped it would.

"Sleep"

The boy's eyes went blank and he falls asleep and so did the rest of the children who by now have dropped down to their knees and dozed off.

I think now I know why the city was feared by nations all across Enriya. It wasn't the elite Knight force they employed, but it was The Servant Of Order's power itself.

The power to bend everyone and everything to its will with mere words.

The crowd disperse and all that's left standing is me, the man beside me, and Shinnoth standing Infront of us.

Somehow the pressure he's emitting is now even more intense than how it was during the throne room, well I guess that's natural since I may have fucked up here.

"Mr.Abade, I am aware that you might have been shaken by this... execution. However, disrupting it is out of the question"

"You are forgiven of your transgression since you are a foreigner from outside. But if you so much as to do this same mistake once more. I will not be there to pardon you" He said.

"B-but... Cutting off someone's hands just because they stole something and they're children no less! Isn't all of this a bit too much!"

Before he answered my question I could have sworn I heard him muttered "Better than before" as he clenched his fists tightly.

"Your sense of Justice and morality from outside do not exist here. Here we follow the laws created over millenniums past before you were even born- no, before humanity and all other races were born,"

"The executions you see here is not only part of our Law and Justice system. It's part of our culture altogether. You, a foreigner, disrupting this very execution counts as an insult towards all who live here" He said.

That's one hell of a fucked up culture you guys have been living under then.

"Judging by your face I suppose you are  either in utter disagreement or you're merely mocking me from within. I suggest you proceed with your original objective rather than meddle with our regular affairs"