Chapter 3 Bad Day At Black Rock

The Impala is travelling along a quiet, dark road.

'Because Demon, that's why. I mean the second you find out this Ruby chick is a Demon you go for the holy water! You don't chat!' Dean shouts. Sam and Dean had started to argue ever since Sam had told him and Hermione about this Demon girl named Ruby.

'No one was chatting, Dean,' Sam deffends. Hermione thought it was better to not get involved with this argument.

'Oh yeah? Then why didn't you send her ass back to Hell?' Dean asks. Hermione couldn't help but agree with Dean on this. Ruby was a Demon and knowing the history the Winchesters had with Demons she understood Dean's reaction.

'Because—Because she said she might be able to help us out!'

'How?' Sam doesn't respond to the question. 'No really, Sam, how? How could she possibly help us?'

'She told me she could help you, OK?' Dean doesn't get it. 'Help you out of the crossroads deal,'

Dean looks over at Sam. 'What is wrong with you, huh? She's lying, you got to know that, don't you? She knows what your weakness is—it's me,' Dean pauses for a moment. 'What else did she say?' Sam is silent. 'Dude?'

'Nothing,' He pauses for a moment. 'Nothing, OK?! Look I'm not an idiot Dean, I'm not talking about trusting her, I'm talking about using her. I mean we're at war, right? And we don't know jack about the enemy; we don't know where they are, we don't know what they're doing. I mean, hell, we don't know what they want. Now this Ruby girl knows more than we will ever find out on our own. Now yes, it's a risk, I know that, but we need to take it,'

'You're okay right, I mean you're feeling okay?'

'Yes I'm fine. Why are you always asking me that?' A phone starts ringing. Sam sighs and reaches for his own. 'It's not mine,'

Dean goes for his phone. 'Nope,' He pauses for a moment. 'Check the glove compartment, it's Dad's,'

'Dad's?' Sam asks.

'Yes, I keep it charged up in case any of his old contacts call,'

Sam opens the glove compartment, he finds John's phone and answers it. 'Hello? Yes...this is Edgar Casey...No! No, no, no, don't—don't call the police, I'll handle this myself. Thanks. You know, can you just uh, can you just lock it back up for me? Great. Uhm, I-I uh, I don't have my—my book in front of me,' He gestures to Hermione for a pen. 'Do you—do you have the address so I can...Sure, OK. Go ahead. Right, thanks a lot,' Sam ends the call. 'Dad ever tell you he kept a container at a storage place?'

'What?'

'Outside of Buffalo?'

'No way,'

'Yeah. And someone just broke into it,'

Sam, Dean and Hermione enter the elevator of the storage facility.

'Man...' Dean starts.

'What?' Sam asks.

'Just Dad. You know him and his secrets. Spend all this time with the guy and it's like we barely even know the man,'

'Well, we're about to learn something,' They exit the elevator and find the storage container. Dean unlocks the padlock and opens the sliding door, both brothers with flashlights at the ready. On the dusty floor of the container is a symbol drawn in red, along with several bloody footprints. 'No demons allowed,'

'Blood. Check this out,' Dean points out as he holds up a tripwire which is attached to a shotgun hidden in a large animal skull.

'Whoever broke in here got tagged,'