Kocho Shinobu

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╚════▣◎▣════╝

╚════▣◎▣════╝

I was in the hospital at the Butterfly residence, again...

this is the fifth time in the past two weeks...

Shinobus definitely upset.

I sigh as I glance at a slightly angry Shinobu next to me. She still has her never-ending calm smile yet her eyebrows are furrowed, "(Y/N)... why do you insist on getting yourself hurt over and over again?" her jaw clenched slightly after she spoke, her tone was her usual soft-spoken tone but underlying with annoyance and venom. I felt a nervous sweat fall from my temple as I smiled awkwardly, "What can I say?... I can't just leave people to get eaten.. haha..." I finished with a stubble awkward chuckle to make the mood lighter. 

damn it's scary when she's angry

"jeez, you and your recklessness.."
Shinobu grabbed my hand assertively but there was a touch of gentleness, as if she didn't want to hurt me any more than I already was. she would pat my scratches with a cotton ball coated in gauze, I sighed again after I realised that she was calming down a little. my presence always seemed to calm her down especially when we were on missions together, she hated them with a passion. we accidentally ran into an upper-rank demon, rank two to be precise, god her rage filled the room when she recognised who he was. I had to hold her back from getting herself killed. I started at my unmoving legs reminiscing, my legs suddenly stopped moving during my last mission so I couldn't kill the demon luckily Shinobu was nearby and saved everyone.

my attention was derived to the door when I saw my three junior swordsmen, Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu. i smiled at them and waved with my free hand only for all three to surround my bed asking questions.

"Are you alright?"
"What happened?"
"How could you not defeat such a weak demon?"
"I wouldn't know what to do if you got any more injured"
I gigged at first before it started getting overwhelming, all their voices talking to me at once. I tried my best to answer their questions before Shinobu spoke up.

"Can you three not overwhelm my patient? they need peace to recover"
 I noticed a vein pop on Shinobu's forehead, her voice laced with sweet venom. all three boys froze and stopped talking. 
"Sorry, Miss Shinobu.."
all three said in unison, they looked down at the bed and bowed slightly. the three talked amongst themselves before looking at me and bidding their farewells.

"we'll come to talk to you when you've recovered"

Tanjiro states with a smile before ushering the other two who started arguing out of the room. Shinobu visibly sighs, she opens a drawer from the table next to us. She grabs out a small vile, it is white. I was slightly concerned but I trusted Shinobu.

"is that medication?"
I ask cautiously while pointing to the vile, she looks up at me and nods with a happy smile. there was something about her smile that seemed off but I couldn't put my finger on it, i brushed it off as she poured the liquid into a glass of water. she hands it to me.

"it'll help you recover, now Drink up"
I nod as I take the glass and drink the liquid, I glance over at her and her expression turns slightly dark. it was scary. my instincts were telling me something was wrong but I brushed it off, it was only my best friend Shinobu. She's done nothing but help me with everything, she wouldn't do anything to hurt me right?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

It's been months but my legs still haven't recovered but the rest of my body has. Shinobu had said that they were paralyzed, I'm still so confused about how my legs have suddenly been paralyzed. I couldn't go anywhere without someone's help, I sigh as Shinobu pushes my wheelchair down the hallways. 

"thank you for taking time off to help me Shinobu but I'll be fine on my own, I also have Aoi and the triplets"

I state as I glance up at her. She just looks straight ahead with a content expression. 

"nonsense my little butterfly, they're busy with their things that need to be done"

something about the way she said that felt... different. something about Shinobu as a whole felt different than before, but how? She's more impulsive than before yet she's also possessive? is that right? I don't get it. 

I grab my head with my hand, I feel another headache coming on. I groan slightly, Shinobu's hand gives me some tablets, tablets that she usually gives me to stop these reoccurring headaches. I take them with a thank you, taking them whole and dry. I wince at the taste but I take them anyway. 

my vision blurred slightly, and I felt dizzy. great the side effects are starting again, sooner than expected. seems like the more I take them the earlier these side effects happen. my eyelids felt heavy as if I couldn't stay awake before succumbing and closing them. I felt comfortable.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

with that Shinobu was ecstatic, her hand going over to (Y/N)s cheek. moving their head slightly while she kissed their cheek softly, her gaze kind and filled with affection yet she was completely lovesick.

"seems like these tablets are working more effectively than I thought, I might have to be careful or I might put them into a coma"

she mumbles before wheeling them to their room. she rests the wheelchair next to the bed before picking them up and laying them on their bed. She sighs in satisfaction upon looking at their sleeping face, she moves some hair away from their closed eyes.

"you will know soon my butterfly but I love you so much, but what you'll never know is.."
she trails off and lays down next to (Y/N), wrapping her arms around their waist and cuddling close with them.

"I'm keeping your legs paralysed so you can't get hurt ever again and I'll always take care of you"
Shinobu whispers in (Y/N)'s ear, kissing their temple gently before burning her head in their hair. taking in everything about them in this opportunity to cuddle with them.

"I love you my little butterfly.."

⚛》》》◆《《《⚛