"You're not eating?" he wondered, taking a bite of the kimchi.

"I went to dinner with my friends before meeting you," she explained. "I'm still extremely full."

"You're missing out on your own food then," Mark complimented her again. "Seriously though, thank you."

Dasom chuckled at his enthusiasm. "It's just leftovers Marker," she quoted him.

"Yo, I haven't had a nice home cooked dinner like this in SO long," he insisted. "Like, our dorm auntie's food is good, but you're literally doing god's work."

"Stop, you're making me blush," Dasom joked.

Just then, Dasom's father joined them, sitting at the head of the table adjacent to the two friends. Dasom rolled her eyes, and Mark could sense an interrogation incoming.

"So, Mark," Jeonghoon started, changing the language of their conversation back to Korean. "That's obviously not a Korean name, where are you from?"

"I was born in Canada and I grew up there and in New York," Mark answered. "My Korean name is Lee Minhyung, but I'm used to going by Mark."

"Ahh, no wonder you're able to talk to my daughter in English," Jeonghoon said, understanding. "And you said you invited Dasom to your workplace? I would think most workplaces wouldn't allow guests so casually."

"Dad, stop interrogating him," Dasom whined. "You're so embarrassing."

"Nah, it's cool," Mark laughed. "I'm in the music industry actually, so Dasom came to watch my recording session."

"A musician?" Jeonghoon said, looking at Dasom. "No wonder my daughter likes you, she was very interested in music at one point."

"I think she still is," Mark corrected him cautiously, but Dasom shot a glare in his direction.

"Really?" Jeonghoon sounded surprised. And what makes you say that?"

Mark saw Dasom shaking her head softly but he didn't care. "She actually helped me produce a song," he explained. "She's talented, with the right help she could get even better."

"That sounds nice but now she's on a different path in college, right honey?" Jeonghoon asked, but it didn't sound like a question.

"Yeah, of course Dad," Dasom agreed, but Mark could tell she didn't mean it.

Nevertheless, he decided to drop it seeing that it made Dasom uncomfortable.

"If I may ask," Mark diverted the attention. "What do you do Jeonghoon?"

As Jeonghoon talked about his business to Mark, he could see that Dasom still looked a little sad about the previous conversation, and made a mental note to apologize to her after they were alone again.

"Anyway, there's a basketball game on now," Jeonghoon concluded. "I'll leave you two to it."

"Wait," Mark said, his interest piqued. "Who's playing? The Clippers right?"

"Are you a fan?" Jeonghoon wondered as he stood up, and Mark nodded. "It's the Clippers and the Kings."

"Damn, I'll probably keep coming to check on the score then," Mark said.

"The next time you're here you can ditch Dasom then," Jeonghoon joked. "For tonight I'll leave you two alone."

"I'll take you up on that," Mark smiled, and when Jeonghoon was gone, he whispered to Dasom, "I think your dad likes me now."

"Totally," she laughed. "You won him over with the basketball stuff."

Mark had finished his serving of food, and Dasom had just noticed.