Always (Niklaus & Kol)

✡︎

Time Setting: The Vampire Diaries (Season 4)
Main Characters: Niklaus & Kol
Warnings: Foul Language
Topic: Hurt/Comfort
Notes: When Niklaus turns to Mystic Falls to save the Scooby Gang, one of the Hybrids informs him of what happened to Kol. Rather than spending time with Caroline, he spends time with his little brother.

✡︎

"That Bitch" Kol shouted, with any luck maybe one of the Hybrids would hear him. 

The Original sat on a rock and sighed "For once those damn hybrid are useful and then they can't even hear me." He leaned against the hard wall, scrunching his eyes closed until he heard a familiar voice. 

"One of them heard your relentless screaming, little brother." Kol nearly fell off the rock seeing who was standing before him. 

"Nik?" He asked in pure disbelief, the Hybrid smirked walking closer towards his younger brother 

"Hello, Kol" The younger still looked up in disbelief until Niklaus helped him up, pulling him into a hug.

 Kol returned it quickly, holding on tightly to what he had been deprived. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to avenge you" The elder spoke softly into his brother's ear. Kol started to tear up, 

"'Bekah didn't even care, she just told me to go away..." he whimpered, Niklaus tighten his grip on the younger Original.

The brothers stayed near each other for a while. Kol was in the constant fear that he would fade within a moment's notice and not be able to say goodbye. 

"Katherine is dying." Niklaus finally spoke, noticing his younger brother's behavior. 

"So I heard." Kol leaned hard against the wall, closing his eyes before speaking 

"What will you name her?" The elder gave a hum before turning near Kol. 

"What?" Niklaus asked, unsure of what Kol meant.

"Your daughter, what will you name her?" There was silence for a moment. Nothing could be heard besides such noises outside of where the brothers were. 

"I'm unsure..." Kol smirked, opening his eyes easily. 

"And if it was a boy?" Niklaus smiled 

"Henrik." Kol gave a dramatic gasp as though he was hurt by that. 

"And what am I, chopped liver?" 

"Henrik isn't coming back to life, however, I plan on getting you back." Kol looked into his older brother's eyes. 

There was an unfamiliar look in them. As though he was hurt at losing yet another brother. 

"I only had 4 brothers, Henrik died 1,000 years ago, Finn, I'm not sure what you call that traitor. But I need at least two brothers and a sister" Kol smiled 

"So what, Elijah, me, and Bex?"  Niklaus looked at him in an odd joking way 

"No not you Kol, I secretly have another younger brother named Joseph." Kol laughed softly, moving closer to Niklaus and laying his head on his chest.

"Name her something that means something to the family," Kol said softly, looking up at his older brother. 

"Why are you so convinced that it's a girl?" Kol shrugged, it was something he just knew. 

"Oh hey, murder the little whelp for me." Kol smiled brightly at the thought of Marcel being murdered by Niklaus. 

All his life Kol was an outsider, an outsider to Always and Forever. No matter how hard he tried he was normally always pushed to the side. And then once they moved to New Orleans and built that city from the ground up he was loved, cared for. But Marcel came in and ruined it, got him daggered so many times, broke things of his siblings to blame on him. But because the boy was young they believed him. Because he was a psychopath they believed Marcellus over their brother.  

"Gladly Kol, gladly." Niklaus hummed easily, running his hands through his baby brother's hair.

"I'll bring you back Kolie, with your magic and you will be loved, welcomed into our coveted Always and Forever." Niklaus finally understood his little brother's pain. 

Kol felt himself fade in a simple moment. He felt loved for once, safe within his brother's arms. For once he wasn't playing second or third best to one of his siblings and it felt amazing. Kol closed his eyes, allowing himself to be taken into the darkness. But not before muttering simple words to his brother. 

"I love you, Nik" He spoke, suddenly with ease.  Niklaus held his breath, looking down and seeing nothing. 

Apart of him knew that Kol could hear him so he responded "I love you too, Kolie..."