"I didn't want you to be so nervous!"

"Well, you looked really upset just then!"

"That's because I know how my parents are!"

"They can't be awful."

I wince.

He squeezes my hand continuing, "They can't be."

I squeeze his hand back.

I wish I could believe you.

-Kaleb's P.O.V-

I watch everyone dash around the room. Kaydan is in the kitchen baking some chicken, and the guy who I was told is Christian's father is watching him closely, which is starting to freak me out. Jasper is in the living room wiping down the table and moving things around, and Christian was in his room getting ready. By this time it is about 20 minutes after 10, and the only people who haven't gotten here were our parents, Kyle, and Luke.

Everyone had made an effort to look somewhat presentable. Kaleb and I were in suits, Christian's father was wearing a navy blue one, which looked oddly nice with his green tie. Kaydan was still in his work clothes, but he was covered by a green apron and flour.

"I'm bored," I groan at the top of my lungs, causing everyone to stop.

"No one is stopping you from helping," Kaydan replies dryly.

"What am I supposed to do?"

"You could go find Christian. He's been gone for a while," he smiles.

"Why would I want to do that?"

"Just go," Jasper joins standing up straight. "It wouldn't hurt you to check on the guy."

I tuck in my pride for Jasper's sake and hop to my feet. "I'll be back," I state as I approach the door.

"Don't come back without him!" Kaydan calls.

I slam the door and step over to Christian's. I take a deep breath and stare down at my feet.

I could always turn back. No one's really stopping-

The door flies open, and a hand grabs my wrist pulling me inside. I reach for the doorknob behind me as I get dragged farther into the room and miss it by an inch. "W-Wai-"

"I didn't want to upset you, but I don't have a suit!" He partially screams dragging me up the stairs.

We reach the top and I suck in a snort, causing him to freeze in his tracks and turn towards me. "Are you kidding? What kind of person doesn't own a-"

"Get out," he states releasing my wrist. He begins pushing me backward, by my shoulders, down the stairs.

"H-Hang on!" I shout hysterically stretching my arms out to stop him. I was only able to brush his shoulders slightly. As I calm down, I realize he has a firm grip on my shoulders and he is focused on my feet, making sure I am able to find my footing. I quickly spare one look at his overall appearance and am able to see he is drenched and only wearing a towel. Once both of my feet make it to the floor he looks up and catches my stare. I feel my cheeks fume slightly.

This is dumb because he's not ugly.

"Leave," he demands releasing me.

"K-Kaydan told me not to come back without you," I argue.