08

✧.* _____ ❝ STRINGS ATTACHED ❞ 🥀

Yuma watched Getō as he got on his horse, his outfit still perfectly kept in spite of the manner in which he sat on it

"I thought you'd help me" She murmured, trying to get on the horse at which she totally failed as her body was quickly pulled back to the ground.

"I'll get you" Getō got off his horse, giving a hand to Yuma who groaned while standing up once more.

Getō's hand tenderly brushed the lady's waist, making her promptly freeze up as she was picked up and kept on the horse.

Yuma let out a puff of air as she saw the animal gruff.

Her hands delicately followed the white horse's skin, it reacting to her touch while pivoting.

"the horse will follow mine, you don't have to stress over anything more" Getō informed as he sat on the jet black horse which appeared to be actually fond of him.

"Are you the owner of these two?" Yuma asked, as the horses began moving next to each other.

"the white one was owned by Gojō, our horses remained together at the barn at my place, and since he never came back, I still have the one he owned" Getō replied smiling to which Yuma sighed, her head inclining toward the horse's neck, while her hands stroked its skin delicately.

"what's his name?" Yuma asked to the grinning Getō who appeared to be lost in his memories.

"suguru" he gently replied.

"eh?" Yuma retorted, her look bewildered as she sat upright.

"we named our horses after ourselves, It was a mere joke.. please don't mind" Getō snickered somewhat, making Yuma sigh once more.

"the wall you keep between me and your feelings is too weak suguru, it's beginning to fall apart" Yuma grinned at getō who peered down, his grin brilliant aswell.

"I know" he said, looking back up at Yuma who smiled at his expression.

"and perhaps, if his name is suguru aswell, I shall provide it with huge loads of love as my obligation" she chuckled, her hand going through the horse's hair.

"anything you please" Getō got done, his look never leaving the lady.

the following couple of moments were of unadulterated silence, with the cold and delicate breeze touching the two of them as they quietly sat on their horses, their minds occupied by one another.

"Yuma, didn't you have something you wanted to be back in your world?" getō's look moved to Yuma who appeared to be somewhere deep in thought from his question, her hand marginally brushing her neck as she softly grinned.

"yea, a jujutsu sorcerer. I wanted to save people" she answered, watching getō's grin fall as his eyes very quickly differed into something hazier.

"are those monke- are those people..basically I mean the weak. Do they truly deserve it?" his rough voice and the difference in his tone was immediately picked up by Yuma as she heard the words penetrate through the thick air that was abruptly shaped.

"deserve what?" she inquired.

"you taking a chance with your life." getō exclusively answered, his voice as cruel as ever.

"they don't. Futile... Selfish animals who're responsible for perishing my comrades." Yuma finished, her eyes gleaming dull as she anticipated the barren land.

"Nobara Kugisaki and Itadori Yuji. One was my best friend, other  the person I fell in love with" Yuma's breath stirred up with the chilly climate as she expressed the words, shutting her eyes.

Getō was obviously invested, his face moving towards the woman to see her expression and it nearly broke his already damaged heart.

she had the appearance of the most exceedingly awful gloom composed all over.

"both died, protecting me and those appalling people who have the boldness to refer themselves as humans" she stated, her voice breaking as her eyes changed into something vacant. Something so much like what getō suguru had.

"I wanted kill them all, I wanted to end them and then myself. Why? Why can't they just die when all they're causing are things we can't fix" she whimpered,remembering the eincident that occurred around 2 years prior.

"Yuma, carry on with a long life..save as many people as you can" Yuji's coughed out, the hole in his chest draining out a wellspring of blood.

"WHY?! WHY WONT YOU LET ME HEAL YOU YUJI?! FOR WHAT REASON WON'T YOU THINK FOR YOURSELF EVEN NOW?!" Yuma shouted, her hands catching the falling boy before she put them on his chest.

"Yuji please, Don't die on me you piece of shit. hold tight, just a little more"

The curse wouldn't work.

Yuma couldn't heal yuji on the grounds that what she had couldn't be used to save people, the Power was of no use and since she wasn't trained and accustomed to the developing curse, Yuma wasn't able to use it.

"please"

"I can't-

"save people Yuma, I accept you as the strongest.. the strongest of us all." he grinned, blood staining the side of his slips.

Yuma's tears had fallen on the boy's face who snickered, hearing the girl cry more.

"don't die like this. alone, With no one to give a shit about where you disappeared off to, don't die like me"

"there was this final thing I was unable to tell you since It was embarrassing , and well I'm not seeing you for a long time now so I'll just-

Yuji coughed out much more blood, Staining Yuma's flower dress she wore presently.

"I love you. Is it bad telling you this now? aah I had to make myself look like a sore loser infront of you even while death pursues me" he grinned while Yuma essentially cried, her face covered in his neck.

"See you later, Yuma."

"I realized I'd be the one bringing more hardship for the people I cherished assuming I chose to follow up on my agony" she murmured, opening her eyes back again before erasing the image of the boy that was inscripted in her brain.

"neh suguru? won't I be the same as those feeble people then?" she smiled at the man who had tears glazing his eyes like the fierce fire that burned in his heart.

"you've worked hard, Yuma" he breathed, trying his best to control the emotions that were clearly transparent to Yuma either way.

"I have, and it's okay. In this life, I'll continue to lose people that I loved. I'll continue to see them perish and live long enough to witness myself standing alone in the end"

"because that's what the curse is"

"that's why I was chosen to have this useless power" she whispered, head falling down as diamond tears had started to trickle themselves down from the slope of her chin.

"there's this famous saying I've heard"

"working hard enough can change the fate choosen for you" Getō smiled at Yuma, who couldn't look up at him.

"you'll be the one to prove this one right, i promise you."