03

呪い

✧.* _____ ❝ STRINGS ATTACHED ❞ 🥀

12 December 2000.

"I'm very sorry to inform you this sir, but the tree has chosen your daughter" A man who wore white robes had informed the one who wore the crimson one.

His eyes were seized with terror as he shook.

"but- but my Yuma is just a child how come-

"the sakura tree chooses a person every generation even before its birth, Yuma Megumi's name is carved white on the trunk, if you don't believe me, you shall go see for yourself" the man spoke with utter calmness.

"is there a way I could take it instead?" His panicked gaze went to the other who sighed shaking his head.

"there is nothing that can be done anymore, all I can warn you about is, as your daughter will grow..The curse within her will grow as well, specially during her late teens or early twenties, take care about that, there's nothing more I can do to help you now so I'll be taking my leave."

2nd December 1726

"I've never done anything wrong actually" yuma's hands shivered as they collapsed between her lap, feeling the situation getting on her last nerves as she whispered to herself.

"so why is this happening?" a tear slips from her wide eyes as she stared out at the hibiscus tree outside the window.

The flowers were blazing red, almost as if they were seething with blood, but in a brilliant way.

"I'm going out" Yuma announced, catching the twins attention who silently bowed at her.

"You're going WITH me" getō remarked from the back, folding his hands as he stared at her with an eyebrow arched.

"do whatever you want" she said, donning her previous sneakers and heading away without looking back.

"is there an ancient sakura tree around here?" she asked him, to which getō stopped to process the question before he answered.

"There is one, certainly. Up on that hill" he said, pointing up. It seemed like a long distance, but that tree was the only thing Yuma seemed to recognize, so it was worth the long journey.