Chapter Two - Follow Where The Woman In White Leads

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

— Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

When Derek started to wake up, the first thing that he noticed was a breeze. The second thing he noticed as he started to open his eyes, was that it was almost completely dark.

Something's not right, he thought to himself. Ok so i went into the unsubs house, went upstairs to check if she was up there with Reid and JJ, went into a room, and then... I got hit in the head? Ok I got hit in the head, so why am I not in the hospital? Did no one find me? No wait, JJ found me... but why isn't she here? Or is she? No, she can't be here. I would hear her breathing at the least. Unless she's dead. But she's not... she can't be so maybe... stop, just stop thinking. First things first. Look around and try to figure out where I might be. I can do that.

He stayed there for a minute trying to get his eyes used to the dark, before starting to use his senses.

Ok the ground feels like concrete, so I'm probably in a basement somewhere, he thought as he ran his hand over the ground before hitting his head as he tried to stand up, What the hell? That's gotta be like three feet! No basement has a three feet ceiling... unless I'm in a box?

He started scooting forward, still unable to see much, but after about thirty seconds of doing that he realized that he was not in fact in a box, but more likely a warehouse. Though that wouldn't explain why the ceiling was so low, it would explain why the room was so long.

He was about one minute into his scooting journey, when he realized that his eyes had fully adjusted to the extremely low light that surrounded him. He paused for a quick second to actually look around him. While he couldn't see anything but the ceiling and the floor, he was extremely grateful that he was able to see even just that. The ceiling was a deep red color, and the concrete floor was completely black. Before his mind could start wandering he forced himself to continue on, with hope that he would soon find some sort of exit.

At first he just thought it was hope causing him to hallucinate, but as he got closer he realized that he was beginning to see what looked like a wall with a wooden door covered in moss in the middle of it. It was fairly small, but he reassured himself that he could probably squeeze himself in nonetheless.

The closer he got to the door that was hopefully his way out, he realized that it looked as if it kept growing in size. The unsub probably had a partner that they hadn't profiled who put him in there, thinking that he wasn't going to be smart enough to try to move, and boy was he going to prove that son of a bitch wrong. He had gotten about seven feet closer than before when he realized that at this point he would actually be able to stand up without hitting his head on the wall. He put his hand in front of himself to push up before struggling to his feet. He let out a breath that he had been holding, but quickly took another one to replace it when he saw a woman wearing an old fashioned light blue dress with a small white hat on while carrying a slightly larger than usual pocket watch necklace run to the door that was his only hope of getting out.

He started to walk at a fast rate to try and intercept her hoping to catch her off guard and talk her into letting him out when she pulled out a golden key and stuffed it into the rusted keyhole in the door. He started speeding up to a pace that could have been considered running for some people as she started turning it. He was only about fifteen feet away when she pulled it out and started turning the knob, and only twelve when she opened it.

"Hey!" he shouted at her in hopes of at least making her pause for a moment to allow himself to get closer and at least catch the door before it locked again. He was now about six feet away when he decided that if he didn't call again at the point he was at now, he wouldn't catch her, so he yelled even louder this time.

"HEY!!" At this time she did hear his voice and looked over to him with a panicked expression on her face.

Four feet

He almost completely froze when he saw who the face belonged to, but he couldn't stop, instead his pace slowed to a hesitant walking speed.

"JJ?" he said, extremely confused, "what... what are you doing... what are we even doing here?"

3 feet

"I'm late, there is no time to talk, no time to stop, no time to do anything but continue on, I'm late."

He froze

"Um... I'm sorry, let me just... What?"

"I can't talk right now so I'm sorry but you need to go."

"JJ, did something happen?"

Two feet

One foot

"Good bye, have a nice day." and with that JJ, or at least someone who looked nearly identical to JJ, turned around, opened the door wide enough for herself to get in and walked, no wait, jumped into it.

As quickly as Derek could, not even realizing that she had jumped instead of walking in, he grabbed the door before it closed and walked in...

and then promptly fell.

Note: This Storyline was inspired by Dork Diaries 8. I do not own Criminal Minds or Alice In Wonderland, this is for enjoyment purposes only.

A/N: I'm not sure how often I'm going to post, but I'm hoping it will be at least once a week, if you guys like that :))) Anyways, please vote and comment, I would really appreciate it :)))

A/N: Also the song at the top gives me the vibes of what I want this story to be like, so while reading this, it might set the mood for it if you guys want to listen to it while reading it :))

(The song is called Cake by Melanie Martinez in case you cant see it.)