Chapter 10. Cindy's POV.

That's night we meet at the front door to the campus. Everyone had a small bag packed."Are you guys ready? It could deadly."I say.

"If it means saving Brad I'm ready for anything."says Noah. I smile at that. No wonder him and Brad are such good friends. Their both kind and sweet. But what made me love Brad was his heart. He would always fight for what's right no matter if it got him hurt. And it did sometimes but he didn't care. He would always do it again. He always put my needs in front of his. And he loved me with all his heart, he even said so."OK let's get going."I say.

They nod and we walk right out the door and start down the sidewalk."Where are we going?"asks Noah.

"I don't know. Were just going to search everywhere. Starting with down town."I say. They nod.

I hope Brad is OK. I've seen his temper. When he gets mad he can go a little overboard. But I know he means well. He's sweet. I remember the first time he defended me. He got into a fist fight. He might have gotten in trouble but he didn't care."Cindy are you even listening to me?"says Tina.

I snap out of my thoughts and look at her."I'm sorry what did you say?"I say.

"I said do you think Brad's OK?"asks Tina.

"Yes I'm sure he'll be fine as long as he doesn't run into any of my kind."I say. Tina nods. I have a bad feeling about Brad being out on his own. especially if he's searching for my kind. I need to find him as quickly as I can. If my kind find him first, things will get bad fast. Very fast.

Then down the street in a alley we see a large flash of light after a scream. The scream sounded like Brad. I take off towards the alley.

Once I'm there I search around but I don't see a thing. I see a few powered down lights. I touch the ground and electricity flows from my hand up the walls and into the lights giving them power.

Once I could see I look around and see part of the ground is stained with red. Blood. The person they took must have put up a good fight.

Then I realize it was Brad. Crap he's hurt. The others run up out of breath. They see the blood."What is that?"says Noah.

"That's Brad's blood. He hurt. We just missed him. We should have been faster."I say. I blink and a tear runs down my face.

Tina walks up and hugs me."Don't worry this is Brad were talking about. He can take care of himself."says Tina. I nod bacause I know she's right. I just hate knowing that he's hurt.

"OK let's keep searching. We need to find him now."I say. They nod and together we leave the alley.