Legolas however had opened up to her rather quickly, telling tales of himself and quietly chuckling at her jokes. In the beginning she had thought that he was shy, maybe a bit untrusting but comparing him to the other elves he had accepted her with open arms. She really was rather fortunate to have met him that fateful day and not somebody else.

"Y/n!" it was Aragorn who had called her ripping her out of her thoughts, he was walking a bit ahead with Boromir, though Gandalf was still leading the way with the hobbits. Legolas was in the back, trailing closely behind her during the entire, one-way conversation with Gimli.

"If you would excuse me Master Dwarf." Gimli gave her a friendly smile.

"Just Gimli will do, lass." he assured the pirate. Y/n felt as though she had befriended the dwarf and that made her happy. Though truth be told she didn't yet understand the use of titles in this world. Legolas had called the hobbit in his story Master Hobbit, and the dwarf had said Master dwarf multiple times so she had just adapted to that. When she was alone with the elf, she had never used any titles and so he didnt either but in front of others he spoke to her and introduced her with Lady y/n, which felt a little weird, she was a pirate after all and not a lady.

The woman walked ahead to Aragorn who was already waiting for her.

"How have you been this morning?" he asked the pirate who in response quirked a brow.

"Is that why you called me over?" she asked. Looking the scruffy ranger up and down. She heard a chuckle from her left where Boromir was walking. She chose to ignore him.

"If you don't wish to speak with me, you're free to return to Gimli." Y/n froze up understanding what Aragorn had implied.

"Oh no. I wasnt complainin' mate. Me mornin was good. How've you been?"

"I'd assume you slept well." the ranger spoke in a teasing tone, ignoring her question. Again y/n raised her brow.

"If you wish to say something to me you can say it. I dont bite." she answered a small skip in her step. Both the Ranger and the stewards son laughed.

"You and Legolas seem to have gotten quite close, haven't you?"

"What are you trying to imply, Strider?"

"Absolutely nothing its just that you looked quite comfortable leaning on him. All night."

"Yer've never slept on a boat have ya? Getting all close like that is nothing new. Though I have to be fair and say that those times there wasn't really a choice but to huddle up close."

"That maybe so for you but elves are quite different in that regard."

"In what regard?"

"The one of affection and love, miss Y/n. You see, physical affection is rarely seen in elven relationships. Except for braiding hair of course." Without thinking and before she could stop herself her hands touched the braids that were placed at the side of her head.

"You don't say." she muttered making Aragorn chuckle.

"You shouldnt take it lightly; the love of an elf isn't easily given. Once it has been gifted there is no return, the one love they have will forever be placed in a their chosen one. And breaking that fragile yearning can break them. Many elves have lost themselves to nothingness and faded away. Succumbing to their own sorrow and passing on."

A shudder went down her spine. Death by a broken heart, she had only heard of a thing like that in fairytales.

"Aye. This pirate never takes feelings lightly." she spoke with an encouraging but unconvincing smile while her mind was racing. Did Legolas have feelings for her? Was that even possible? Y/n has never been in a serious relationship before. The most serious thing she had was with Jack, they had blurred the lines between friends, lovers or just allies many times. The only thing consistent about them was that they always found a way back to the other again, to travel the world once more.

What was she to do about it? She had still very much planned on finding a way back to the Caribbean. Could she take him with her? No that would be absurd. But staying here, growing roots. A cold shudder went down her spine. Being in one place for the rest of her life? That sounded terrifying. But disregarding the elf feelings felt so cruel. But what about her? What about her feelings?

She liked the elf, yes, but was it in that way? Had she ever liked someone that way? She couldnt even think about the word love. At least not in that way. The silly nicknames Jack gave were much different from actual love.

"It is not an empty word. That is if you don't remove its value by using it so nonchalantly." is what he had said to her when she first called him love. He had seemed upset, if what Aragorn had said about elven love was true, her using the word love in such a way was enough reason for upset feelings. Only that that worried her more. She hadnt been in a relationship before and then jumping straight into one with an elf? A serious commitment made to last till the end of time. That was such a giant responsibility that she surely wasnt ready for. Yet she did not know how to postpone these things as she just couldnt risk accidentally hurting the elves feelings. He seemed so sensitive. Or maybe sensible was the word? She didnt know and thinking more of this topic was giving her a headache.

Goddess, what would I give for a bottle of rum! So, she did the next best thing to distract herself and quickly turned to Boromir hoping that her thinking break hadnt been too long and suspicious.

"You must also have your fair share of experience to come on this mission. Bein' a stewards son n' all."

"Ah yes, well it is for Gondor that I do this, after all." he started. "I want to bring peace to our people and end these times of war once and for all."

"Aye, so youre quite the hero aint ya?" the pirate teased to which Boromir chuckled.

"But so is my brother. He is the front man on our borders, fighting of the orcs and reclaiming territory every day."

"So, a family of Heroes? Ain't that something."

Boromir continued with his and his brothers accomplishments in battle while y/n and Aragorn listened chiming in occasionally with their own comment or story. Like this they continued before the hobbits once again were complaining of tired feet. They had been walking for a long while but since it was a mine and there was no sunlight, they couldnt be sure how long they had walked for certain. Either way they soughed out a new chamber they could rest in for the night.

This time y/n took the first night watch and to no ones surprise Legolas offered to stay awake with her.

~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~

Boromir being a proud brother <3

~2057 words