8

A/N ; still threatening you all with angst, you're not safe.

In the morning he was gone and when you went to work he wasn't there and it couldn't be because he got stuck in Philips car again since the man was in his office. Worry filled you when you linked it back to what had happened last night, but that was him showing you that William was gone. He was just Dave Miller, your loving partner that wouldn't leave you just like that.

Even then, you were sure it would be near impossible for him to be fully rid of William. He never was Dave Miller before so getting rid of who he actually was would be an incredibly hard task for him, you just wished he'd waited until your woke up this morning to tell you whether he was leaving or not.

The day was a slow one, barely any customers coming in for food or to organise a party another day or for later on. Jeremy was snoring with his head on the counter, the magazine he was reading still left open for anyone to look at whilst the younger man continued to snore. You sighed and made your way towards the arcade, deciding to waste a few minutes playing one of the games you were good at.

"Y/N." Philip cleared his voice when he approached you. After letting yourself die on the game you had turned to provide the man all of your attention, he was your boss after all. "Have you heard from Dave?"

"No." Your crossed your eyes, this would be the second day he wouldn't be coming into work. Counting yesterday even thought it wasn't entirely his fault and Philip knew that, it was his car after all. "It's fine, I'm sure he'll come back."

Philip had to control himself so he didn't visibly roll his eyes, opting to take his big glasses off and rub the lenses with his sleeve. You had said the same about William and he had never come back, so why would Dave? Of course, Philip didn't know the truth that you did. It was mostly a truth you only learned when looking at Dave's body whilst your praised it last night, able to connect that those scars couldn't have just been attained from an accident in Texas.

That was the excuse you were pretty sure he would make if you had asked instead of confronting him about his identity. Though, it wasn't much of a confrontation and more of you assuring him that you loved both versions of him for the same or different reasons. Last night was more than special because of the sharing of your first "I love yous" and the first kiss but also because it was surely the beginning of no longer hiding things from each other.

"I'll give him the week and after that I'll have to start hiring again." Philip placed his glasses back in their normal position. "If you see him, make sure you tell him that."

"Of course." That was if you did see him again, who knows if he had decided to leave again.

Dave had been staring in the mirror for hours, now. It had only felt like a couple of minutes of brushing his fingers against the scars of his skin, grimacing at how they felt on his fingertips and how disgusting he thought they were against what was once his smooth and fine body. He left your home when he woke up in the early hours of the morning, finding himself unable to be next to you whilst his thoughts went back to the love you had shared to him.

Sometimes, when he blinked, you would appear in the reflection of the mirror with your arms wrapped around him as your hands traced the scars. They way you did it was no different to how he moved his hands against his body, but you made him feel warm and loved and make him feel as pretty as you said he was. He was unable to replicate that feeling and after awhile he gave up on touching his scars and instead stared at them.

Vince had let him do so but once it had been a few hours he knew something was wrong with his brother, more so than there usually was with the odd Brit. He moved and knocked on the door of the bathroom, noticing how his brother just kept staring at the scars of his upper body with a dull look in his eyes and a familiar scowl on his face. He's disgusted with himself, Vince thought as he frowned himself.