cut it out ; hawk

requested by gabbyviv124

you had always been the girl in the sidelines, never really fitting in with anyone at your school and you were too shy to talk to anyone to make friends.

there was only one person that noticed you, and that was eli moskowitz.

eli was shy and kinda awkward but you sat next to each other in history class and after a few months of only saying 'hi' to each other you both slowly worked up to helping each other with quizzes and projects.

you were halfway through the year when you were trying to pluck up the courage to talk to eli outside of history class, but the day you planned to talk to him everything changed.

eli walked into school with a whole new look, hairstyle and confidence. with this new eli came a new name, hawk.

the confidence you'd been building up for weeks suddenly vanished.

when history class finally arrived you noticed the empty space besides you, class started and your heart sunk slightly until the door opened.

"eli, you're 15 minutes late." the teacher said, slightly angry that he'd interrupted the class.

"it's hawk." he grimaced, finally taking a seat besides you.

your heart was beating rapidly, something about this new eli still made your heart race.

you focused on making notes in your notebook as he got his textbooks out, not really paying attention to the class and just flipping through the pages aimlessly.

it was kinda awkward as you didn't know how to talk to him anymore, you were glad when class ended so you could leave.

you were grabbing some books from your locker when someone pushed past you, when you looked to see who it was you saw the familiar blue mohawk of hawk and his arm was draped around one of the popular girls.

you sighed, closing your locker and heading to your next class.

the next few weeks you avoided hawk whenever you could, if you saw him he always had his arm around a different girl.

at home you'd lay on your bed, your arms wrapped around your plushies to comfort yourself. you knew it was stupid to feel so sad over a boy, let alone one who you could barely hold a conversation with when he was the old eli.

you were tired of being shy and sad, so you decided to do something. you normally wore your hair in a pony tail and wore plain clothes so no one would notice you, but that night you straightened your hair and picked out a cute outfit for school the next day.

the next morning you nearly chickened out, overthinking everything and wondering what people would think. you reminded yourself that no one cared before so you hoped they wouldn't even notice.

thankfully everyone was still fawning over hawk that no one noticed, or so you thought.

later that day as you were grabbing your text books for geography, when you closed your locker you nearly jumped out of your skin as hawk was leaning against the lockers besides you.

"hey, y/n." his lips flickered into a smirk that made your stomach flip.

"hey..." you replied, unsure whether to call him eli or hawk.

"so, do you wanna go out on a date?" he asked a little too confidently.

you'd dreamed of him saying those words to you but now they felt wrong, he asked as if he thought no one would ever refuse him, "um... not if i'm just another one of your conquests."

he looked taken aback, then he scoffed, "so that's a no? it's not everyday i'd ask someone like you on a date."

ouch.

"someone like me?" you asked, trying to hide the hurt in your voice.

"you think straightening your hair and changing your clothes are going to make everyone notice you? you need the confidence to pull it off." he said, his voice wasn't soft like eli's, instead it was harsher, angrier.

"i wasn't trying to be a different person, i was just doing it for me." you replied.

"your loss." he shrugs.

"cut it out, hawk." you said, his name sounding harsh on your tongue.

"you know, i thought this was what you wanted. don't think i didn't notice the glances during history class, and the blush you got on your cheeks whenever we talked." he rolled his eyes.

you could feel your cheeks burning now, you slammed your locker door closed making him flinch slightly, "maybe i did like eli, but i don't think i could like someone who treats me like this." you said before walking away leaving him confused.

days passed and every time you had history class there was always one person missing, hawk.

one night you were laying on your bed, staring at the ceiling listening to music when you received a dm request on instagram.

hawk
hey y/n pls can
u come outside

you furrowed your eyebrows slightly reading the message, you stood up and looked outside of your window seeing hawk standing there.

slipping on a pair of trainers you quietly sneaked downstairs and went outside to where he was leaning against his motorbike.

"hey." he said quietly, his eyes couldn't quite meet yours.

"hey."

"i... uh, wanted to say i'm sorry for how i acted last week... and also sorry for showing up at your house so late but i couldn't get you out of my mind." he confessed.

you had to admit you didn't expect him to say that, or even apologise. you waited for him to continue.

"it's just that i'm scared i'll lose what we had, surely you felt it too in history class? kind of an unspoken connection?" he asked, you noticed his voice was soft again.

"i did feel it too..." you admitted.

he let out a sigh of relief, "i know what i said must have hurt, and i truly am sorry... that's not me."

"you're right, that wasn't you, eli. it wasn't the boy i fell in love with." you said, stepping a bit closer to him.

his baby blue eyes widened, "how could you love someone like me? a monster?" he replied, his hand self consciously covering his scar, but he wasn't just talking about that.

"because maybe you got a little too confident... but you're still eli." you said quietly, reaching up and moving his hand away from his scar. you slowly trailed your fingers over the scar, your fingers lingering slightly.

even with his newfound confidence he couldn't move, he was entranced by you.

"is it ok if i kiss you?" he asked, gulping slightly.

you nodded as he placed his hand on your cheek, his thumb rubbing your cheek before he kissed you.

it was slow and sweet, his other hand pulled you closer by your waist.

when he finally pulled away he smiled, "so... about that date?"

you laughed, "i think i can agree to one date."

"i'll take it." he grinned.