Chapter 5: Departure (Short)

Ciel

I stand and stare blankly at my sister, who is standing near a horse-drawn carriage, holding a small intricately decorated purse in her hands. She widens her smile at me, but her eyes look sad and apologizing. "Really, Ciel, I wish I could stay just a bit longer. But its important matters, you see."

Behind her, is the same stranger I saw yesterday morning during breakfast, Andrew. He has a slight frown on his face, and is holding two large and heavy looking suitcases in his hands.

I wish I could ask her more about why on earth she wants to leave so soon. This is indeed her home, and normally one would like to stay home for as long as possible. But, judging by the look on her face, she will definitely not answer me, nor will Andrew. They will most likely come up with a last minute excuse. So, I silently accept her actions with a sigh. "Okay. But please come back soon. This is your home."

Mentioning the word home makes Caera wince a little, but she regains her normal posture. "I will. As soon as possible." She walks towards me and squeezes me with both her arms, while I awkwardly put my hand on her back with one hand. She lets go to look at my face with her sorry eyes once more, and then proceeds to climb into the carriage along with Andrew.

Soon, I am watching the carriage roll away, hearing the sound of hooves brushing against the ground. I gently wave my arm at Caera, who is looking out the window and flailing around a napkin in the air towards me. The carriage quickly rolls out of sight, and I am left with Sebastian standing by my side, and the servants observing quietly behind me. I exhale, "Keep Caera's room locked, until she is back. Look after the mansion as well, I will be gone for a while now."

"Yes, My lord." The three servants say in unison and hurry away.

Sebastian quietly sighs, but not in a relieved way, but more in frustration. "Do I really need to ask where we're going?"

"No, you obviously don't. We're going to follow Caera. Now bring out the carriage. You will be the driver."

---

By the time the carriage finally stops, it is already noon, and I haven't let myself have a thing to eat since breakfast, no matter how much Sebastian insisted we stop for a bite. As I step outside the carriage, I am greeted by a dusty path and trees placed randomly around the area, with large patches of grass here and there. The blue sky, empty of white clouds, is a perfect contrast. "Where are we?"

"Quite far, actually." Sebastian starts dusting off some brown dirt from his coat, "I lost track of The Lady, so I thought you'd like to stay here and, perhaps walk around and get some fresh air, while I search for them." Even as Sebastian says this, I feel like there is something a bit wrong with him. He keeps twitching his nose as he talks, his feet make strange fluttering movements, and he turns his head to look at different directions in a very unsure way, like he's expecting something to randomly jump out. Never have I ever seen him so worried in my life.

"Well, alright." I say with a sigh and watch as he slowly walks away, still looking very suspicious and lost. A thought suddenly pops up in my head, which makes a slight smile appear on my face. Is it because... he needs to use the bathroom?

Author's Note:

Sorry for the super short and late chapter T.T I thought I already posted this four days ago, but for some reason it didn't show up, and I just now realized x) The next chapter WILL DEFINITELY come out VERY SOON! So please don't lose hope, and don't expect me to post another chapter super late, this time it was only a technical problem, next time I will make super sure that the chapter actually got published x) Apologies everyone!